Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a quick favour from someone with Opera 8.54...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a quick favour from someone with Opera 8.54...

I've had a complaint that www.musicaltastetest.com doesn't work with Opera 8.54. I can't install it to check so could someone please give it a go? Specifically, deliberately miss a question in section 10 and ensure you are prompted to answer it, then answer it and please confirm that you are no longer prompted.

It's not the only JS on the page so its probably a pebkac issue, but I'd like to be sure. 24,000 other people haven't complained!

(If you are filling in the page properly then great - every bit of data helps. If not, please type 'test' in the age field.)

TIA

Tony.
    FT.

O 8.54:
    it complains that I haven't selected ANY of the answers in section 10 when I follow the procedure you posted. After selecting the 2 answers that I hadn't checked, it still complains that I haven't selected any of the answers in section 10.

Comment

Thanks Frank.

Presumably you aren't getting complaints about the ethnicity and nationality questions? I'm using J/S on those to check that the 'Please Select' option isn't still selected.

That would mean J/S is working, but Opera doesn't like the code for testing the radio buttons:

Code:
      var message = "";
      if (document.forms[0].Music1[0].checked == true) message += "Please answer the question in section 10 on 20th Century classical.\n";
      I use a hidden, pre-selected, radio button for each group.

BTW, this page is fully validated!

Does Opera require explicit object names perhaps?

FT.

Comment

just errors on section 10, no idea on why it doesn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
          Does Opera require explicit object names perhaps?
          Doesn't every object have to be unique, might be worth a try, I've not done js validation myself, do all mine in php.

Comment

Just checked at http://www.jslint.com/ and it comes up with the below, similar messages for all the options.

Code:
            Problem at line 29 character 44: Use '===' to compare with 'true'.

if (document.forms[0].Music1[0].checked == true) message += "Please answer the question in section 10 on 20th Century classical.\n"; 

Problem at line 29 character 50: Missing '{' before 'message'.

Comment

Thanks I don't think it can be the === or else other checks would fail, so I've added braces to each clause that does fail.

Regarding object names, I was meaning using the exact name for the form rather than the forms collection reference.

Would someone mind trying again?

TVM

T.
              FT.

Comment

ok, so now I'm home I installed Opera (9.01) and the JS works. Dunno if 8.54 will or not though.

Why is Opera so bl**dy slow?
                FT.

Comment

If Opera is slow (on what pages?), try and post on the Opera forums, because usually, a fresh install (and even my older install with thousands of mails etc.) should be very fast. There are some scripts that slow it down though.
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                  X