Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uppercase transformed into Lowercase...WTF?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uppercase transformed into Lowercase...WTF?!?

The forum has started to do weird stuff when you want to write something in allcaps like:

ROTFLMAO

it comes out as:

Rotflmao :d

Now before the upgrade you could hit edit and fix it but now it seems to refuse
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I'm Not Sure What You're Talking ABOUT.

Edit: OH NOW I SEE.

Edit2: But editing seems to work.

Edit3: Maybe it just doesn't like ALL caps. As long as you have a couple of lowercase letters in there, it'll work. Great feature if you ask me.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

It's just the software's attempt to prevent 'shouting'. In some cases I can see it being somewhat annoying, but in general it keeps things from looking like 13 year olds run the boards
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        It's just the software's attempt to prevent 'shouting'. In some cases I can see it being somewhat annoying, but in general it keeps things from looking like 13 year olds run the boards
        *giggles*
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Shouting TEST

Comment

ITs MEANT TO STOP THINGS LIKE THIS!

(obviously it's also easily fooled)

Comment

IT'S A FEATURE, NOT A BUG!

(And anyway, what's much worse is that focus automatically skips forward to " Go Advanced" when I first tab to "Post Quick Reply".)
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Interesting. You're using Opera, yeah?

Tabbing from the textarea goes to the "Post Quick Reply" button in Safari and Camino, so I assume it probably does in Firefox as well.

If someone else can verify either way....

Comment

Interestingly, tabbing BACK from "advanced" lets me select quick reply. Only when I am tabbing forward from the textarea it auto-tabs once more, to "advanced".
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                  X