Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable McAfee firewall and spamkiller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable McAfee firewall and spamkiller?

Finally got around to setting up the new Dell I bought my parents. The only pre-installed thing I left was McAfee for the virus scan. I have it disable the firewall and spam killer, but it resets to enabled whenever the computer is restarted. Anyone know where to permanetely turn that stuff off?
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Uninstall them?

Not being silly as Norton Systemworks & others let you install/uninstall individual modules.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Why not just uninstall all of the shit named McAfee?
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

i ususally set to disabled for as long as I can, reboot and you get a permanant disable option then
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Hmm, I thought it was an OEM edition, but looks like it is only a 60 month trial. Out it goes and I'll install Clamwin. Nice thing about buying a Dell on discount is that there isn't much pre-installed junk on there.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Exterminate Exterminate Bloatware Bloatware

Still it's not this Nortons crap that I uninstalled today. As ssoon as I did that the ladies touchpad started working again. She'd bought a mouse becuase of it.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X