pixel heaven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pixel heaven!

Not sure I'll be sticking with this setup, but it is certainly fun playing with it!

On the left is one of my 21" Samsung CRTs at 1600*1200.
    On the right is a Dell 2407WFP at 1920 * 1200 in portrait mode.

The photo was transfered using the memory card reader built in to the side (top). It has loads of connections

Not sure I'll ever want to give this back. The idea was to change from 2*1600*1200 to 1* 1920*1200, which a view to decluttering and possibly regaining a bedroom. But, the 21" CRTs have to go somewhere...
    FT.

Now that's a setup I could live with
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I hope I'm allowed to

Of course, just having one isn't enough, and both screens should be the same size...

Welcome back BTW Greebe. Where's ya bin and what's ya bin up to?
      FT.

Comment

Very nice,
        and that's a lovely piece of artwork you've made between the two monitors
        It somewhat matches the colours on the screens
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

LOL. That's been there so long I don't notice it any more.

It's some of my best work (well, I doubt I could do any better).
          FT.

Comment

Its the first time I've seen the desktop in a while. If you can imagine the space two of the CRTs took up, and the usual accretion of paperwork, broken hardware, used tissues unfinished sandwiches and dead animals in the small remaining bit. There's now a nice box of birthday chocs next to the keyboard
            FT.

Comment

BTW, can anyone recommend some good sources of HD WS material to fill the 2407 with?

TIA.
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                used tissues
                So now we know what you really need the big screen for

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

While it's an odd looking setup, it does seem very practical.

Comment

Um, two 21" 4:3 and a 24" 16:9 screen make Triple head gaming sweet, if theres the graphics hardware to keep up
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                    X