• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate change

For those who havent noticed.....

http://www.newscientist.com/article....mg18725124.500

http://www.guardian.co.uk/climatecha...546824,00.html

It may well be too late to do anything now...

I saw an article on the news about this one.... they guy took a beaker of the brackish swamp water, and was able to get the surface to catch fire... (Marsh gas)

This is a peat bog bigger than FRANCE AND GERMANY comming onstream, releasing methane - all at once.
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Lets figure out a way to capture the methane and sell it.
    Kind of like what some big cow farms are doing with capturing the methane from the barns when the cows go in and let it rip.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
      Lets figure out a way to capture the methane and sell it.
      Kind of like what some big cow farms are doing with capturing the methane from the barns when the cows go in and let it rip.
      Alright.. start making an airtight tent the size of France and Germany combined.

Comment

This is the most distrubing "climate change" news I've heard ever. Methane is THE greenhouse gas. It is actually responsible for getting the earth out of the ice age (twice I think). Imagine what enough of it can do now....

Edit: I have no clue how much "enough" is, but if these levels of CO2 were enough to cause such a feedback effect what kind of feedback effects would billions of tonnes of Methane have on top of it?
        Last edited by NetSnake; 15 September 2006, 05:00.

Comment

'Drastic' shrinkage in Arctic ice
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
          X