Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burj Tower, Dubai

Your petrodollars at work

800 meters (2,640 feet), 160 floors & a total floor space of 500,000 sq/m (5.35 million sq/ft). To be completed by 2008;

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

If this actually gets built, it's going to be the first to surpass our CN Tower.

There's a Discovery program that gets run about once a week about all the huge towers currently being built. The lead engineer for the Burj seems like a total knob.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This needle is going to be nothing short of amazing..
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Well agallag, they're already building it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Dubai

And there's a contender in the same area...also only minimum heigh is known, with rumors of 1km

Comment

Talk about a large target ...
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Nice target for an airliner crash.

Comment

ha.. GMTA

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                There's a Discovery program that gets run about once a week about all the huge towers currently being built. The lead engineer for the Burj seems like a total knob.
                hehe you noticed that too!
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Jamm, KvH, after all when learning this it's better to start with big & easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                    Well agallag, they're already building it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Dubai
                    Huh... I didn't realize they'd actually started on it. Cool. The CN Tower sure had a good run though.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

big ****ing deal.... trust me.. here its all about aperances.. who has the best.. the bigest .. the most.... at the end of the day its just another tower of babel..... the lesson was not earned the first time and it has not been learned yet.... sadly... arogance still prevails....
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I guess that's the sole purpose of such structures...

Another one:

Comment

The middle east is going through the same phase as the US did in the 70's/80's. My phalanx symbol is bigger than your phalanx symbol! If this keeps up the radical muslims are going to start bombing the middle east (besides Isreal) to stop this evil captialism that is spreading across Islam.

Here's a smaller tower, but they're sticking it in Mecca. Just goes to show that no one is immune to money.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cheap labour in Dubai: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...22572&only&rss
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

The middle east is going through the same phase as the US did in the 70's/80's. My phalanx symbol is bigger than your phalanx symbol! If this keeps up the radical muslims are going to start bombing the middle east (besides Isreal) to stop this evil captialism that is spreading across Islam.
                              I think the word you're looking for is "phallic."

wiki "phalanx"

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X