Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hip hop fans have more sex! What is your musical taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hip hop fans have more sex! What is your musical taste?

Yes, its another study I've set up. This one is getting HUGE amounts of press coverage.

Since midnight I've had over 1250 submissions from the new survey, www.musicaltastetest.com
    FT.

so what's the difference between R&B and Rhythm&Blues?

And as a suggestion you might want to precheck all the "unknown" radio button at question 10. Saves the people to click at it when they don't know a music style
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

IMHO, there is no way such a survey could yield statistically valid results, because it weeds out those without the time to wade through all that rigmarole, it is indiscreet, it is incomplete (e.g., you ignore retired persons), it is geographically and ethnically biased, it ignores those without Internet access. Then you split up various musical styles into tiny fragments, but ignore classification within other groups. Take, for example, opera: don't tell me that those who enjoy Handel's Xerxes will go for The Mikado, or a lover of the Ring would like Madame Butterfly, let alone Beijing Classical Opera. Even worse, you envelope whole worlds into Classical: Baroque, Madrigals, Chamber, Romantic, Contemporary, Orchestral, Solo, Religious, etc. I, for one, would never fill in such a screed, and I dare say I'm not alone. I'm sorry, but I can only say that it's a waste of time and money (taxpayers'?)
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I will pass your comments on.

2000 people so far have not felt sufficiently opposed to not fill it in.

Rakido - we never leave a default option on a questionnaire.
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
          so what's the difference between R&B and Rhythm&Blues?
          One requires talent. The other requires the ability to be black and sing "Woooh" with eighteen changes of pitch.

Areatha Franklin, Etta James, Fontella Bass, the Four Tops and a lot of the Motown sounding bands were Rhythm and Blues, so were early Fleetwood Mac (the Peter Green era) and the early Rolling Stones took considerable influence from the style.

Boyz-II-Men are R&B, so is Craig David.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

If you look at the average class of people listening to this type of music you'll find most have nothing more that interests them more than SEX commonly sacrificing any and all for it. Enter the Wannabies, gang bangers, and children of the "Bratz" Generation. Preoccupied with it, have lower IQ's, much lower incomes, where drug abuse is typical(legal and illegal) and the only thing they know of any religion is what is briefly seen as they flip past the news channels. Yes the majority of burger flippers listen to this and they think there is nothing more important... that is until they find themselves in a quandry of mid 20's something, wanting to have (successful) families, to buy a home and have a career.

Now if polled mature adults instead of that 12-20's something crowd I'm sure the result would be different.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

What happened to "classic rock" (Led Zeppelin, Rush, Fleetwood Mac) and "progressive rock" (Genesis, Yes, Alan Parsons Project)?
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                If you look at the average class of people listening to this type of music you'll find most have nothing more that interests them more than SEX commonly sacrificing any and all for it. Enter the Wannabies, gang bangers, and children of the "Bratz" Generation. Preoccupied with it, have lower IQ's, much lower incomes, where drug abuse is typical(legal and illegal) and the only thing they know of any religion is what is briefly seen as they flip past the news channels. Yes the majority of burger flippers listen to this and they think there is nothing more important... that is until they find themselves in a quandry of mid 20's something, wanting to have (successful) families, to buy a home and have a career.

Now if polled mature adults instead of that 12-20's something crowd I'm sure the result would be different.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  What happened to "classic rock" (Led Zeppelin, Rush, Fleetwood Mac) and "progressive rock" (Genesis, Yes, Alan Parsons Project)?
                  It's making a comeback, now thought of as retro. The majority of the stations here play what is considered "Classic Rock" now.

Zep, Who is Floyd and why is he Pink, Rush, BOC, Scorpions, Def Lepard and a smathering of everything inbetween and then quite a bit of Classical, along with hits from the 30's 40's 50's and 60's

Yes even Alan Parsons Project, Anita Baker, Donald Fagan with some Bob Seger in there for good measure

Sorry Elvis doesn't live here
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Now at >5000 responses. It looks likely that the Times of India newspaper will cover it in the next day or so...I hope our web server is well braced!
                    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      It's making a comeback, now thought of as retro. The majority of the stations here play what is considered "Classic Rock" now.

Zep, Who is Floyd and why is he Pink, Rush, BOC, Scorpions, Def Lepard and a smathering of everything inbetween and then quite a bit of Classical, along with hits from the 30's 40's 50's and 60's

Yes even Alan Parsons Project, Anita Baker, Donald Fagan with some Bob Seger in there for good measure

Sorry Elvis doesn't live here
                      What, no Chuck Berry?

Classic rock is still played a lot here as well, covering a wide range for styles and eras (as you've mentioned). Not so much Def Lepard and like bands though, at least on the classic rock stations.
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                        Now at >5000 responses. It looks likely that the Times of India newspaper will cover it in the next day or so...I hope our web server is well braced!
                        So as soon as the Times of India reports, miraculously all those Indian genres will surge in popularity, no doubt. Don't tell me that selective media exposure doesn't skew these results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                          What, no Chuck Berry?

Classic rock is still played a lot here as well, covering a wide range for styles and eras (as you've mentioned). Not so much Def Lepard and like bands though, at least on the classic rock stations.
                          He's in there!

Actually met him while shopping at a Piggly Wiggly in S.C.... got everyone's attention when he started doin the Twist down on of the isles (was too funny)

Comment

It made new also in the biggest portal here.

BTW, I suggest another research investigating possibility of correlation between musical tastes and IQ

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                              So as soon as the Times of India reports, miraculously all those Indian genres will surge in popularity, no doubt. Don't tell me that selective media exposure doesn't skew these results.
                              We control for a lot of things in the analysis. And please bear in mind that a in a lot of psych testing you can't reveal your goal until after participation.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X