Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Sata cable for Asus P5b Deluxe

It's got an external port but it's not a standard socket

Before I go to Asus asking them for a cable since there isn't any provided does one know where I can buy one??
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

eSATA cables are different from SATA cables.

External cable - http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=927&sku=10220
    Internal to external cable - http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=927&sku=10230
    Internal cable to external bracket - http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=927&sku=13423
    Internal cable - http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=927&sku=10154

The external connector doesn't have the L notch, and it's designed for far more insertions.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Looks like theres different esata cables and brackets as well as I've got an esata bracket and it's much smaller than the one on the motherboard.

Anyway found another solution I've got an sata bracket from previous motherboard. Remembered it a few minutes ago so i can use that instead.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The eSATA port on the P5B is standards compliant. Not sure what kind you're looking for.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Actually, you want the newer eSATA cable as the mechanical design is more robust and the shielding is in place. Regular SATA cables do not have the appropriate shielding for out of the box if you have other electrical devices around. i just finished an external raid 5, 8 drive box with 8 of those cables going off the the controller card. Works great ! (i know, i could have used Multilane, but WTH). Watch your cable length as well. Anything past the spec can be problematic, particularly for the newer faster Sata spec. THere are several online suppliers

cooldrives.com is a reliable source. AS is goldencables.com . i have dealt with both. i'm sure someone in the UK reps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by degrub
            Actually, you want the newer eSATA cable as the mechanical design is more robust and the shielding is in place. Regular SATA cables do not have the appropriate shielding for out of the box if you have other electrical devices around. i just finished an external raid 5, 8 drive box with 8 of those cables going off the the controller card. Works great ! (i know, i could have used Multilane, but WTH). Watch your cable length as well. Anything past the spec can be problematic, particularly for the newer faster Sata spec. THere are several online suppliers

cooldrives.com is a reliable source. AS is goldencables.com . i have dealt with both. I'm sure someone in the UK reps as well.
            I think I can safely say I won't have any interferance problems otherwise everything would go off everytime I had the case off. Just a bit of nonesense to make you buy stuff you don't need.

I'm surprised Asus didn't provide a cable they provide everything else.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Again this could be the differance between esata e.sata????
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

1/r^3 goferit and gdlk.

Comment

Working...
                X