Apples updates iPod and iTunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apples updates iPod and iTunes

The iPod nano gets a smaller shell and now comes in several mini-esque colors, while the shuffle gets a complete redesign. iTunes comes with a slew of new features and, yet again, an interface update.

No complete source of info just yet, but Apple also announced iTV, their long speculated about entry into set-top boxes. Won't be available until 2007 apparently...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Ahh, crap, I've practically decided on buying old Shuffle 512mb. Worse - I like new one, and at 1gb it's not much more expensive than the old one at 0,5. Too bad I want it in next few weeks, but don't want to pay premium for novelty...

Comment

Bought my 512 shuffle awhile back, but damned tempted to sneak one the new ones into the budget

As an aside, iTunes (for those few who use it) now has a backup to disc function that will create a backup of your library either in full, with only iTMS purchases tracks, or with any new tracks added since the last backup.

The new iTunes and iPods also now have gapless playback on a track-by-track or album basis (you can manually set it or I assume it will be set for certain albums once purchased). Really nice feature for classical music or any album that is meant to be listened to as a whole.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I quite like the new Nanos, might upgrade my 2GB one to the nice aluminum 8GB...iTunes also feels much more polished, but why oh why did they have to make it download album art only for ITMS users?! It's available in so few countries and it's a feature which it sorely misses...3rd party addons for that look and perform like they were made by a 12-year old.
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
        X