UK Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Weather

Well its off to the UK this coming Sunday for me....whats the long term forcast for 18-25th?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

uhmm..."it rains"?

Comment

Yeah, probably! We are having an Indian Summer - into its 3rd day now so it'll be wet again by the weekend.

Where are you visiting?
      FT.

Comment

No global warming here; <72F for the last week & a cool summer overall. Maybe a week of 90+ in June & 2 days in August. We had the A/C on maybe 2 weeks total. The leaves are turning already

I can remember it being 85+ from the 4th of July through September with 2 week spurts of 100+ when I was a kid.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 September 2006, 13:02.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

What does exactly mean "no global warming here"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
            That is not for those of us stuck in the Reality Based World to know and understand.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

It means where ever it is it sure ain't here.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

uhmm..."it rains"?
                Actually it hasn't much over the last 18 months which is why we're getting drought warnings
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Difficult to say at the moment as the Models have difficulty with ex tropical storm Florence. They don't know whether to develop this storm or just let it fill up and drift away to the far north west.
                  At the moment it looks mild and wet
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yup. The Caribbean is cool and the highs over the US are pushing the hurricane season over to you guys. Enjoy
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                      Where are you visiting?
                      I'm flying into London Monday morning then heading up to the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, then heading down to Bovington to visit the Bovington Tank Museum, then finishing the weekend out in Folkstone at Euromilitare, head back to London Sunday night and Leave Monday Morning back to the States.
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Ah yes, I remember you discussing that some time back.

I hope you had a good trip. Weather has been ok where I am (in the Midlands).
                        FT.

Comment

While the Carribean may be cooler this summer than last year or two, I can attest it's not cool. Current Gulf temps are around 87f and we're actually hotter for this time of year than the normal seasonal temps call for. What is different is El Nino and the prevailing upper level winds are either;

1. Preventing the developement of tropical storms in the Carribean/Gulf or

2. Prevailing upper level winds are preventing these storms from entering the region
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X