How to output Premiere timeline to video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to output Premiere timeline to video

Has anyone found a way to output the timeline in Premiere to the video output through DVDMax? The Source window and the clip windows output fine, but the timeline, wether before or after rendering, doesn't. I know the usual workaround is to export the part one wants to preview and that will output, but it's a pain in the ass to export little parts of the editing every time I want to check how an effect or transition looks. I guess this problem may be due to Premiere not communicating with DirectX for the Timeline playback, while it does for the source and clip windows, which are esentially the same.

------------------
    Sebastian
    Sebastian

This is curious, DVDmax output for DV files works perfectly for me on two very different systems (PIII and Athelon) for all modes of playback and scrubbing within Premier6 on windows 2000.

The only glitch is if one window "has the output" and is displaying a "frozen" frame, then the window playing the video can't get the overlay and thus DVDmax doesn't play.

Clicking to make the frozen frame go off the TV display and restaring the preview I want fixes the glitch. I've only seen this a few times so I can't really tell anyone how to trigger it or exactly how to fix it.

My DVDmax "advanced" options:

Always Scale Full Screen
    Field Based Scaling (MPEG1 is much better with this off)

For DV at least DVDmax output is good but 1394 thru the camcorder is noticably better.

--wally.

Comment

Wallys settings work here too.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I forgot to say that I always use the PicVideo codec, maybe using the Matrox codec it's possible to output the scrubbing, but I never use the Matrox one because of its low quality and impossibility of doing any editing with it (I can't even advance frame by frame with it). I only use the Pic Video codec for PAL editing, for NTSC I use DV in Premiere6 which works very good, and my DV camera allows me to input analog video and import it to Premiere 6 in the DV codec.

------------------
        Sebastian
        Sebastian

Comment

Hi

More of a work-a-round, with incompatible formats I've used the zoom dualhead feature to playback the video window on a TV monitor.

mikie

Comment

Working...
          X