Slow scp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow scp

One of our clients is having an issue with slow ssh/scp transfer speeds between an windows 2000 computer and a red hat linux box. The software doing the transfer is a java program I wrote that uses JSch. Not sure what to check.

Here's what we know:
    It's taking about 45 minutes to transfer 1Gb over the same network.
    They recall that it used to be faster.
    They checked network settings and things seem fine.
    Tried using WinSCP to transfer the file and it was a little faster, but not that much.
    The drive receiving the data is a network mounted drive on the receiving computer.

I told them to look at CPU and memory usage.
    And also try transfering windows to windows.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

If you find out, let me know! We have a customer who does ALL of their file transfers from 30+ remote systems to their servers via Java/SSH, and although it USUALLY works ok, sometimes it just runs dog-slow for no apparent reason. So if you find some kind of magic fix for this, please let us know!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X