asp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asp question

Is it possible to write a generic asp construct that will simply write out the parameters sent to the page?

It seems like this should be pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to do it.

eg:

If I call test.asp?x=1&y="Hello World"&z=2.3
    then it would print:
    x=1
    y=Hello World
    z=2.3

But if I call test.asp?a=1&c="Hello World"
    then it would print:
    a=1
    c=Hello World

etc...

NB that I want to POST the arguments not GET them. If that makes a difference.

TIA
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

When one is working with ASPs, the safest construct you can imagine would be a full body protective suit.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Check out the section on handling Query strings about half way down this page:

Read Handling Submitted Data with ASP and learn with SitePoint. Our web development and design tutorials, courses, and books will teach you HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Python, and more.

(And the section on POST lower down)
      FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        When one is working with ASPs, the safest construct you can imagine would be a full body protective suit.
        I am just a pawn in the game of programming.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
          Check out the section on handling Query strings about half way down this page:

Read Handling Submitted Data with ASP and learn with SitePoint. Our web development and design tutorials, courses, and books will teach you HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, Python, and more.

(And the section on POST lower down)
          Get's me close enough.

I'm coding an asp page that does some database stuff when another page calls it, but does not display anything to the user.
          It just transfers to a third page after it has done it's thing.

I don't have any access to the page I'm coming from or going to, so I coded up a form page to send to my page for testing, and your answer let me create a generic transfer to page to see what the hell I'm sending (and make sure my transfer code is working).

Thanks,
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X