The goat was behind the wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The goat was behind the wheel

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

A Swiss man caught speeding on a Canadian highway has blamed his actions on the absence of goats on the roads.

The man was caught driving at 161 km/h (100mph) in a 100 km/h (60mph) zone.

The stupid bugger was lucky, because if he had been caught at only 20 km/h over the limit in Switzerland, he would have had his licence revoked for 3 months (first offence) - and in the 35 years I lived there + 9 years intermittently since, I cannot recall a single case of meeting a goat on a road. Don't they have tests in Canada to find out what he had been smoking?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

That crappy medical weed probably.

Comment

The only place in Canada where ther are goats on the roads are in the Rocky Mountains and that guy is 3000km away from there.

@Brian: In Ontario you have to be going twice the speed limit before they revoke your license otherwise they just give you a ticket and even then, depends on the cop but most of the time they just give you a ticket.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

when I was a young lad (about 20 years ago), I was caught doing 175 in a 100,
        the cop dropped the fine to 149 in a 100, so I would only lose 4 points off my license.
        I don't drive that fast anymore.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
        X