Back to School!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to School!

Well it is back to school for me tomorrow! Expect to see less and less of me, except around exam time when I don't feel like studying - my post count tends to skyrocket...

U of Manitoba, 3rd year, mostly second year courses though, I spread my first year out over 2. After this year I will decide if I just want to finish off quickly - one year after this and finish off a general science degree, or two more years and do BioChem. Also going for minors in English and Psych, but it may end up as only psych - either way half done both of those already.

Tuition is cheap as h3ll here so its no biggy to experiment!
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

I did 4 yrs in 3, so it is possible to crack the whip if you tone down the partying to 5 nights a week

Wife (teacher) and Erik (3rd grader) started back Tuesday, so I'm a solo act again during the day. More time to edit, read etc. for a while....
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Good luck to all.

I started on June 1st and already getting close to final exam time...damn Senior Project this semester
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
        I've been back to school for half a semester now, not sure why the school times are out of sync pretty much everywhere in the world *scratches head*
        It's primarily because we are in the Southern Hemisphere and our Seasons, Daylight periods etc are mixed up compared to the Northern Hemisphere.
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

I'm back, too. Electric Engineering... wish me luck
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Good luck to all!
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Godo luck !
              mine starts October first.

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                Good luck az!

Is there a difference between Electric Engineering and Electrical Engineering?
                I don't know, I just "translated" Elektrotechnik off the top of my head.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Good luck to you all. Enjoy it while you can
                  Writting PhD thesis for the past 25 days... sleep is a luxury (MUST be done by this monday)

Comment

Cool - what is the PhD in?
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

mol. bio. / signalling / oncogenic and apoptotic signalling crosstalk
                      last few months of a PhD are HELL
                      Travelling around in europe for postdoc interviews, finalizing two papers, writting thesis, doing last minute experiments...
                      almost done though

Comment

Oooh sounds like what a friend of mine does - post doc research in calcium signalling or some such. Now based in Navarra in Italy. Good luck!
                        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                        X