Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A better video connection...

Hi guys!
    Sorry if asking about an Ati card, but currently this is the best place to ask I can think of.

Basically:
    I'm doing some experiments just for fun.
    I have a Radeon 7200 AIW, connectected to an old CRT TV. The AIW has a S-Video out, a S-Video to Composite adapter, the Composite out is connected trough an RCA Cable on the TV scart.
    Problem is, signal is not that good. Well, signal is good when in games or DVD Player, but really poor when it comes to windows.

I've found this link that look promising, but:
    1) Someone knows if the 7200 AIW can generate a "composite sync" signal?
    2) Is this really so hard? I mean...CRT TV and PC are out since "a few" years now. Is it possible that there is no standard connection with a good quality???

Thanks all
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Windows on a non-HD television will always be horrible. Assuming you're using a PAL signal, you're limited to 576 visible lines of resolution. Text at that resolution will be terrible, particularly if you're sending a higher resolution signal from your PC. If you drop your windows resolution down to 640x480, everything will be bigger, but you might be able to read things a little more clearly.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
    X