Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cosmic background radiation not in the background?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic background radiation not in the background?

So....the cosmic background radiation is supposed to be part of the proof of the Big Bang.

If it's the remnant energy from the formation of the universe then it should be further away from all the galaxies which were created much later, right? As such a radiation source behind these large collections of matter should create a shadow in line with these objects.

Problem: it ain't happening

Huntsville AL (SPX) Sep 03, 2006 - The apparent absence of shadows where shadows were expected to be is raising new questions about the faint glow of microwave radiation once hailed as proof that the universe was created by a Big Bang.

OOP's....
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I always had a question in my mind about that whole thing. So they found this radiation.. how could they just surmise it was from the Big Bang and thus proof of the same?

Comment

Interesting...I guess we'll have wait and see how those observations will influence the models, however I think it doesn't "shatter" them.

KvH, Wikipedia articles about such matters are quite good, have a read there.

BTW Doc, saying that it's further away is inprecice ( ) - it simply fills whole space.

Comment

The problem is that to many scientists extrapolates to far
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
          BTW Doc, saying that it's further away is inprecice ( ) - it simply fills whole space.
          Ahhhbut does it really? IMO that too is put into question. A house of cards, it's beginning to look like it is.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X