Intel "cutting thousands" of jobs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel "cutting thousands" of jobs....

update Intel Chief Executive Paul Otellini is expected to announce a massive layoff as soon as Tuesday that could eliminate as many as 10,000 jobs, CNET News.com has learned.

The Santa Clara, Calif.-based chipmaker, having suffered several financially disappointing quarters, launched an internal analysis in April to find ways to increase its efficiency. Otellini is scheduled to announce the results of the analysis, including the layoff, on Tuesday after the stock market closes, sources familiar with the plans said.

Intel has about 100,000 employees worldwide, so the cut could be as high as 10 percent of the company's staff.

The job cut is likely to weigh particularly heavily on marketing staff. Intel studies comparing its own staffing levels to competitors' concluded that the ratio of marketing personnel to salespeople was too large, the sources said.

The expected cuts won't be the first big change in sales and marketing. That group previously was led jointly by Eric Kim and Anand Chandrasekher, but in July they moved to different roles and Sean Maloney was appointed sole leader.
    >
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

at least they didn't do what Radio Shack did and lay off 400 emps via email
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Nahhh....they'll use an RSS feed
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So, does that mean they have up to 10,000 TOO MANY marketing people?!?

Comment

How else do you think they managed to market the P4?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X