X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vista beta out

It's only 32 bit though and they call it "Pre-RC-1"

Grab it here
    Last edited by Elie; 30 August 2006, 11:15.

Too late!

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.
    The Customer Preview Program is now closed.

We have reached our goal of 100,000 downloads for the pre-RC1 release and the program is now closed. Windows Vista RC1 will be available in the coming weeks. Please refer to the Customer Preview Program website for information, including DVD-burning instructions.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Its available elsewhere
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Wonder if it has gotten any faster, or slower?

Going to check that out tommorow
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
          Wonder if it has gotten any faster, or slower?

Going to check that out tommorow
          It's MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH faster. Using it right now in fact 1.6 GHz P-M, 1.5 GB RAM, GeForce Go 6200 64 MB ... yadda yadda, and it runs smoothly. Some hiccups here and there, but for the most part it runs almost as fast as WinXP, Aero and all.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm very happy with its performance, been using it as my main OS for the past few days...it's just a shame Nero 7 doesn't work in it yet.
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Lemme know when SP2 comes out
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Have they got working drivers for onboard audio yet? The last few betas I checked couldn't play mp3s without skipping.

I suppose I'll have to wait until my download finishes and find out.

Uberlad
                -------------------------
                8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
                5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Originally posted by uberlad
                  Have they got working drivers for onboard audio yet? The last few betas I checked couldn't play mp3s without skipping.

I suppose I'll have to wait until my download finishes and find out.

Uberlad
                  They didn't have them built into the installer, but if you search online for drivers via the Update Driver wizard, it found the drivers. No problems with my SoundMax so far.

Comment

Does this work on a macbook, using bootcamp?

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
                      Does this work on a macbook, using bootcamp?
                      Yes, it does...was posted on DIGG a couple of days ago.

As for sound, they finally made 4.1 surround sound work from within the OS...woohoo!

Comment

yupp, much faster

and they seems to have fixed the excessive memory hoggin

Tho the nvdrivers killed it
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                          Tho the nvdrivers killed it
                          The nvidia drivers blow chewy chunks. I've tried the integrated drivers and two version from nvidia and all three of them blow. Ever time I use Dualview the driver crashes. The monitor won't turn on when I come out of sleep mode. And the screen goes flicker crazy for about 5-10 seconds after I log back in from screen saver.

Horrible, horrible nv drivers.

Comment

They worked fine for me with the intended release (Beta 2), but having read all the horror stories I didn't even attempt using them with this build...ah well, they'll have new ones next week come RC1.

Comment

Working...
                            X