Last Days on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Days on Earth

ABC's 20/20 (9pm EST) two hour special Last Days on Earth is on tonight covering the Yellowstone Super Caldera/Volcano.

I know Doc and I will be watching, will you be?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Oooh super volcanoes, maybe I'll watch too.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 30 August 2006, 06:01.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Boommmmm......
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I was watching the special on Hurricane hitting New York. It did happen almost 100 years ago & they say it could happen anytime again.
        Here is the freaky think about it.
        They call it the “Northern Hurricane” & if it happens it’s the quickest, most intense storm - New York wouldn’t have more then 36 Hrs of advanced warning.
        With this many people in New York they couldn’t evacuate out of there. Not enough bridges, tunnels, trains, etc. to move all the people in that short period of time. And that’s if they were willing to leave – they’re New Yorkers after all.
        The ocean/land line over there creates what they call the “right angle” for disaster. With a Hurricane moving in CCW direction, it packs the water in, without a way out – New York could see tide as high as 30 feet!

Etc.
        Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

And a massive release of that molten rock would create a supervolcano — arguably the largest natural disaster humanity would ever face.
          I could think of a couple of worse things.. we could drift too close to a black hole or a class B supergiant star just before it goes supernova. That'd end our trip real quick.

Comment

The class B is even more unlikely than the black hole.
            Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 30 August 2006, 12:52.

Comment

I've already watched the actual documentary on discovery over 6 months ago.

They enacted the whole thing as if it happened and the outcome of such catestrophic event.
              very cool, this may be the same, I'll check it out!

Comment

I saw that too. Kinda hokey dramatization, I thought.

Comment

We're all gonna DIE!!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

So the number one cause for the death and destruction of humanity as we know it is really...us!

Comment

Of course ... Global Warming was #1. But they forgot evil mutant chihuahuas led by their leader, Paris Hilton.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The only night I watch TV and I missed it.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                        X