Disgraceful one law for one another for Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgraceful one law for one another for Police

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Grounds for appeal for any testing there car out at a few mph above the limit eh???

The local authority is appealing. If I was the judge I'd say prison
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I agree, it happens everywhere, but the case of the murderers of the young Brazilian is the worst.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I think the speedo said 159mph, not the satnav or whatever, so it's more likely to be 120-130mph in reality. He's trained to drive fast, so I don't have a problem with it. I've done 130 on the autobahn and also on another (much more illegal) occasion in cyprus and on neither occasion did I crash or feel close to crashing, although I would have accepted any police action against me.

Much worse for me was the issue when some police chief deliberately used a law loophole to get off a speeding ticket from a camera by saying he couldn't remember if it was him or his wife who was driving.

Comment

I also strongly disagree with these ppl who blame speed as something evil by default. Try driving at 5pm on the M1 to london, and see all the super-agressive driving that happens under the speed limit (due to congestion) but which is way more dangerous than the same road late at night with ppl going twice the speed.

Being 2m behind someone at 50-60mph is way worse than crazy speeds by yourself imho. I would never do that, but most ppl do, it seems.

Comment

Very true.. the law, like other commonizing elements, is based upon the presumption that people cannot think, and judges cannot judge.. a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirl-Secret
            I think the speedo said 159mph, not the satnav or whatever, so it's more likely to be 120-130mph in reality. He's trained to drive fast, so I don't have a problem with it. I've done 130 on the autobahn and also on another (much more illegal) occasion in cyprus and on neither occasion did I crash or feel close to crashing, although I would have accepted any police action against me.

Much worse for me was the issue when some police chief deliberately used a law loophole to get off a speeding ticket from a camera by saying he couldn't remember if it was him or his wife who was driving.

Well the Autobahn doesn't have a limit except near towns. The Motorways here do have a 70 mph limit. Now if someone else drove at 150 mph down the motorway they'd be striaght of to clink even if they were Nigel Mansell. The law is the law and you can't break it becuase your the Police. In fact you should setting an example. This episode has raised contempt towards the Police.

Another thing to remember is that the speedo's are calibrate on that sort of car so he would have been very close to that speed indicated.

Theres also plenty of race tracks that he could have arranged a session on to get a good feel of the cay without putting anyone a risk. Basically he was being an overgrown boy racer.

The officer also drove at high speed through built up areas.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Built-up areas I find unacceptable to drive fast in, with you on that one. I just don't like the Daily Mail holier-than-thou attitude that they manage to perpetuate on occasion.

Also the police are not really to be thought of as whiter than white, check out any of the Indymedia sites for more info

Comment

Working...
              X