Just when I was going to buy A Conan 350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I was going to buy A Conan 350

They release a newone. Guess I better wait and get a bit of interest.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

A Conan?

Comment

I think he means a Conan O'Brian
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Do I ballcocks

Canon Canon Canon
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

With all the cutting-edge technology, they're like barbarians, living only to crush the competition and see the manufactures driven before them, and to hear the lamentations of the other camera's fans!

Comment

In all seriousness, the 350D is still a good camera. The 400D is a nice upgrade but nothing big if you ask me.

Comment

Yup, if you already have a 350 (Rebel XT), there's no need to upgrade to the 400 (Rebel XTi). If you're shopping for a new one on the other hand...
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

...if you're shopping for a new one, the 350 will probably be much cheaper than the 400.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Good point.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Eos 30d

I ordered an EOS 30D the day before the 400D announcement - imagine my horror when I saw the "pre-order" link on Jessops! Glad it was the 350D replacement, and I've stuck with my order.

Jessops have the pricing at 350D for £440, 400D for £650 and 30D for £850 (although I'm getting it online from Dixons, which should cost me £662.90). If it was a 30D with higher pixel count I would probably have went for it, so when the 35/40D comes along, ask me to sell the 30D

P.
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I'll let the prices drop and gain a little interest in the mean time.

Anyone want a Dimage A2 ???
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pace, let me know how that 30D works out for you. My brother is in the market for a DSLR, and he's torn between the 30D and more pro level 5D.

Comment

I wanted to hold off too, but my sister's getting married soon, and I have a 3 month old niece - so I want to be taking great shots now, not a year from now

As for the 5D, it was tempting, but out of my current budget. I've not bought any EF-S lenses, so I can move to a full-frame sensor in time. I also wanted the built-in flast of the 30D, as I don't yet want to be buying or carrying around a Speedlite everywhere I go. Less important was the 30D's 5fps beating the 5D's 3fps.

I held a 350D and a 30D, and the 30D felt better - although I chose not to try the 5D - it looked too big, and I didn't want to make it any more tempting!

The camera will hopefully arrive on Monday, so I'll pass on my thoughts then. However, is your brother a seasoned SLR user? This is my first, so my comments may be that of a n00b

P.
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

My brother is also a n00b, so your comments are exactly what he'll be looking for.

I've been trying to talk him out of the 5D, since you really do need to know what you're doing to get good shots out of it. I think the 30D is a happy medium between ease of use, and professional features. There are those that argue that a full-frame sensor is not that big a deal either, but what do I know?

Comment

IS a full frame sensor a big deal? Maybe for some, but for us? No. Look at properly taken and processed 30D images and see if you think "gee, this is lacking detail and sharpness; I need full frame!".
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X