• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMPGenc 12G VCD/Ulead DVD Plugin problem

NTSC DVD imports into Uleads DVD Plugin...no problem

NTSC SVCD the same. Works fine.

NTSC VCD won't load in. No way, no how.

Tried using 12a's NTSC VCD profile. No difference.

Dr. Mordrid

Odd, but I'm having some interesting things happening with 12f and 12g. I can get SVCD templates to load, but they add some strange flashes (AGH!) to the MPEG file (very clean Huffyuv source). Another odd item is that there are scattered white lines appearing at the very top of the MPEG file. The Ligos engine does not do this at all.

Stranger, when I go back to use 12a, I get those darn flashes. Before I added 12f to my machine, not a single problem with 12a. After adding 12f, weird flashes. I'm wondering if there is a registry setting that all versions share.

Comment

Strange. I get no flashes/lines/dots or anything with 12a, 12f or 12g. The only real problem is importability into the Ulead DVD Plugin.

One thing I suggested to Ulead was to put an override button on the "out of spec" dialog (as in Nero etc.) as their specs are a bit restrictive.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I found out where the flashes are coming from. They are in the trimmed files that get created in MSP6Pro.

I'm not sure what is the problem. I went through the original files. They are very clean (Huffyuv encloded).

It is only when I create a new video file (Huffyuv) from MSP6 that the problems occur. Besides trimming, cropping, transitions, and setting the deinterlace options, I'm not doing anything else.

UGH, I should just use PIC MJPEG. It's just easier to work with.

Comment

Odd. I trim HuffYUV files all the time and don't get artifacting. Hmmmmm....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I did some more experimenting. It has to do with Huffyuv + MSP6 (Win2k + WMP6.4). If I encode to any other codec, there is no problem whatsoever.

Trying to get Huffyuv files to work better, I started to undo some editing. The only item that made a difference was turning off de-interlacing and encoding frame-based (vs field based). Still, it gave a bad frame or two.

I also tried encoding to different drive configs. As you would guess, that does sqwat.

Well, I'll continue on with PIC. When the Quality is set to 20, it is hard to tell the difference.

Comment

Well....MJPeg at 5+ mb/s is pretty low in the lossiness department to be sure.

I still get better results with HuffYUV, but if PIC is better for you go for it....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi,

I found another observation with the bad frames over the weekend. If the files are created to 352x480 resolution, there is no problem. If the files are encoded to 640x480, the bad frames show up.

FYI, PIC MJPEG works well at either resolution.

Odd... Captures turn out great no matter what res or codec. It is only going through MSP6 (Win2K) with Huffyuv that causes the bad frames.

Comment

Working...
                X