Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargate: SG-1... cancelled? NOOOOOO!

The news is here:

And it's a little puzzling. Last week's 200th episode garnered the second highest viewership for Sci-Fi, lagging only behind their Extreme Wrestling show. Their press release is full of adoration. And yet they're cancelling it?

There is some speculation that this might have to do with ... *ahem* money.

Ratings ARE down for SG-1, at least in part because BSG is NOT yet in the lineup - which I have thought was a mistake for a while now. Why did they start SG-1 and Atlantis but not BSG? No idea.

Anyway, MGM is said to be shopping the show to other networks.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

How long has SG-1 been on for? 10 years? I think its time to let it die
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yes, they more or less lost me when the SG-1 team started using Prometheus. It kind of destroyed the whole concept (IMO): the SG-1 team are good at exploring, but now they are also the only team capable of playing astronauts...

I did like Stargate Atlantis: the new atmosphere, the new enemies; the new actors. The setting allowed for room to create new storylines (but they only broadcasted a limited number of episodes here).

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
        Yes, they more or less lost me when the SG-1 team started using Prometheus. It kind of destroyed the whole concept (IMO): the SG-1 team are good at exploring, but now they are also the only team capable of playing astronauts...
        Well they get past that, really. But the issue was simply how do we keep this from getting stale, how many go'auld can we fight, really? Need something new going on here...

I did like Stargate Atlantis: the new atmosphere, the new enemies; the new actors. The setting allowed for room to create new storylines (but they only broadcasted a limited number of episodes here).
        Yes, although it took me a while to warm to the new actress for Dr. Weir, why they felt they had to replace the other actress (who was, in my mind, quite a bit cuter) is beyond me.

Plus, my biggest gripe with Atlantis? They're going into unknown territory and they didn't bring a single Zat or staff weapon? C'mon!
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I think the two they brought in from farscape killed the show as they did Farscape lol

I really liked SG SG-1 but it got really bad as of late.

Comment

My favorite SG-1 episode EVER? The season finale of season 7. I think we literally leapt to our feet and cheered when Prometheus showed up with Hammond at the helm!

Comment

This news saddens me. I thought that end of season 9 and beginning of season 10 really was an great improvement compared with season 8. But I really dislike stargate atlantis, to much drama.....<yuck.

JD.
              Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

I got through two eps of Atlantis and turned it off. The series seemed like a goth-chick was helming it, complete with vampire theme.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

OK Gurm, answer this one: since it's very probable SG-1 team & co. will defeat the current antagonist...with who they are supposed to fight afterwards?

BTW, why the Airforce is in control of Prometheus/Deadalus? Wouldn't they fit more to the Navy?...

edit: hmm...apparently one can mix antagonist/protanogonist terms when not sleeping for 3 days...
                  Last edited by Nowhere; 27 August 2006, 14:39.

Comment

BTW, why does the Airforce is in control of Prometheus/Deadalus? Wouldn't they fit more to the Navy?...
                    Because the AirForce is in charge of Space eg anything that goes above something like 35,000' or so is under USAF restricted air space rules. Notice how it's the USAF in charge of the Shuttles, and their crew? Or how the USAF has an alternate launch/ landing site @ Vandenburg AFB? Landing site @ Edwards AFB, matter of fact all alternate landing sites are USAF controlled?...

Ok I could have come up with something quite cheeky in responce, but don't feel like bashing my Navy Brethern atm

Oh the heck with it... I'd like to see them land the Shuttle on a carrier! A Shuttle with Floats anyone? hehe
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      Oh the heck with it... I'd like to see them land the Shuttle on a carrier! A Shuttle with Floats anyone? hehe
                      There is bound to be a joke concerning "space shuttle", "ceramic tiles" and "water" in there somewhere...

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Jack O'Neill (with two "L"'s, please), could land a space shuttle on an aircraft carrier.

Comment

McGyver was better anyway. He could have landed a damaged space shuttle with Sojus engines and a paper clip on a trawler.
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                            McGyver was better anyway. He could have landed a damaged space shuttle with Sojus engines and a paper clip on a trawler.
                            But not after taking heavy fire from a Go'auld Ha'tak!

Comment

Bah! He would've run for cover and then either implement some kind of trap or hit him in the face, then hold his wrist saying "ouch!".

EDIT: Taking heavy fire from a Go-out in a damaged shuttle with Sojus engines? What are you on, and can I have some?
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X