X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill mice.

I agree ,I have been using graphic tablets(radio) and
    Optical mice and pens since the Amiga-1200 , once you have gotten use to
    the reliability and precision of these input device's returning to a ball type mouse is
    very Frustrating, you may as well be wearing boxing gloves

A tip for anyone who's getting pain in their fingers after using a mouse for
    long periods of time (RSI) , buy a graphic tablet some models come with a mouse and
    a pen , so you can swap between the two as and when needed.

Throw your mechanical mice away,
    zeb.
    My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
    win98se
    Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Ill mice.

In the past, I've strongly recommended, on this forum, the MS Intellimouse Explorer (the optical type) for NLE, as it is much more precise than the ball type, making it easier to place the cursor at the exact spot on the timeline.

I recently had a funny experience with one of them. It intermittently went to sleep for a fraction of a second, then woke up again. I reinstalled the driver software and even Windows, checked the USB port and so on, to no avail. I then swapped them around and found the fault went with the mouse.

A wee bittie Sherlock Holmes type work revealed that this fault was not too unusual and is due to a dislocated caudal vertebra at the point where the tail is attached to the body. This is a design fault and can be diagnosed by moving the cable sharply from left to right and back again. If the light goes out or the cursor does something funny on the screen, then your rodent is suffering from the Microsoft caudal syndrome. Microsoft will send you a new one free-of charge, no questions asked (well, almost!).

I still think these mice are the best ever.

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Mice with no balls? What is the world coming to...

[This message has been edited by impact (edited 25 June 2001).]
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

That same problem was reported last October in this thread in General Hardware/Software forum.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Impact

This is to make sure that they cannot reproduce themselves, and thus lower Microsoft's revenue

------------------
          Brian (the terrible)
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Mice with no balls.........

Good that means less work for me !!

No more mice TS.or LS. testis slide perparations.

Hope this will not happen to bulls since I'll be redundant. Ha,Ha,Ha.

Debbie
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
            X