• Internet Explorer 7.0 RC1 released

go grab it here...

Cheers,
    Elie

ZZZZzzzzzz......

Sticking to FireFox.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As a user, I have absolutely no interest in IE7. The interface is a horrid affair at best, but I guess you can't fault MS for trying.

As a web developer, I have to commend MS for making the improvements to standards support that they have. I also have to question how far they're willing to go and whether they've truly listened to developer requests/gripes. There are still some major gaps in their support of CSS and they've even broken or made some areas worse.

I'd love for MS to ship a fully-modern version of IE. It would make web developers' lives so much easier, because let's face it, there are still going to be a lot of people using IE regardless of there being far better browsers available.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        I'd love for MS to ship a fully-modern version of IE.
        They will, right after some other OS hits 30% market share. 'til then they'll stay in complacency mode.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So I tried it on my 1.2Ghz laptop and here's the skinny...

1-It's a processor/video HOG!!! It brought my laptop to a crawl everytime I load and try to browse.

2-Very flakey, especially when you want to browse all the tabs, basically when you click on the show all tabs, it allows you to see all the pages open in one screen and you just select which one to go to, when that was extremely flakey and a processing HOG.

3-it crashed on me a few times, and would not open certain intranet based pages, couldn't figure out why.

4-did I say it was a processor hog?

back to I.E 6.0.

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

I've been using it and loving it since the initial beta...I have Firefox as well, but for certain things (like my university's login system) it fails miserably, so I've always stuck to IE. Compared to IE6, I think it's a huge improvement and this latest version is the fastest and most stable yet. Basically all the websites that I've tried that were broken in previous beta versions now work fine. Eye-candy wise, I'm also very happy they finally fixed the website icon file, so that they're now displayed (and remembered) for all sites.

On an ironic note, Microsoft's own Windows Live Spaces works beautifully on the latest Firefox 2.0 Beta but has sooo many issues in IE7.
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
            X