Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new LCDs for very sweet price!

so i ambled down to oemexpress today and picked up the following monitors:

Acer AL2216WBD / 22" / Ultra-fast 5ms / WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 / DVI-D · VGA / Black / Widescreen LCD Monitor for my parent's system. ~400$ca.hooked it up to my old ati8500 and confiscated their 17"lcd in the process

Acer AL1916WASD / 19" / 5ms / 700:1 / 1440 x 900 / Black / Widescreen LCD Monitor for my kid sister's comp. ~240$ca!!! she's a gamer so i think she'll have something to brag(er.. i mean geekspeak) about when school's back

my youngest bro inherited the 17"lcd. all in all, my 'rents got a nice upgrade that i hope will be easier on their older eyes. two of my sibs now have flatscreens and there are 2 less CRTs running in the house. that's 5 birds with two stones by my count
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

But who paid for the stones?

Great prices BTW, esp the 22"!
    FT.

Comment

they don't even seem to hint that they'll ever sell it over here.

the 22" sounds perfect. I'm sure other people will use the panel and sell them in the UK - just not as cheap as that.

Uberlad
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Gotta check out that 19" Acer, $240 Canadian is like FIVE BUCKS in real money! (I kid, I kid but still probaby less than $200 USD). After working all day with flat panels, coming home to this 19" Samsung is... painful.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Sorry Gurm, $240 Canadian is $216.21US. See what Bush has done to your dollar?
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
            But who paid for the stones?

Great prices BTW, esp the 22"!
            now i have dylan's rainyday women going through my mind "everybody must get stoned"

paid for myself from saved up money and a little tax refund. there is only one comp left in the house that is using a CRT and it's my other bro's. He'll probably be getting my Flatron when i get a bigger monitor.

gurm> first thing my sister did is start up Guild Wars. I was impressed and a little jealous. Once you go widescreen you cant ever go back it was the main selling point of both these monitors.

240$ for a 19" is nice. 240$ for widescreen 19" is awesome!

although the 22" is only 400$, the price for the acer 24" is ~850$ *sigh*
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][
            8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
            Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Working...
            X