Geek Jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek Jewelry

Jewelry that works! Functional sterling silver jewelry using compasses, rulers, levels, and thermometers. Home of the original ruler bracelet - in inches or metric. Dice rings and more make the perfect gift.

I saw this linked in another forum. Some of it seems silly but a lot of it is actually very interesting... if a bit overpriced. Now the question is finding a lady that wants a bracelet made out of a ruler and level earrings.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Someone's rich now.. I wanna take some grommets and cord and sell them for $114..

Comment

:shakes head at the utter uselessnes of it all:

This is the kind of crap that people get for other people when they know they are geeks.

Comment

How much is industrial diamond dust anyway? You have to wonder where she's getting the rare geek parts. They are likely to be cheap even if she is putting them in silver and platinum settings.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Well the ruler bracelets could come in very handy...

The cost of course is a reflection of the time/effort put into creating the items, not so much the cost of materials. Nevermind that it's niche jewelry and therefore will be more expensive than it should be.

Have to admit, some of the items are sorta neat. Sadly/thankfully I didn't marry a geek
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Gee, can I charge $200 for the chip earrings I designed/made for Margie?
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                Gee, can I charge $200 for the chip earrings I designed/made for Margie?
                Sure Doc, but will she pay for them now?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

She already did
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                  X