Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "a challenging piece of work" ?? [NSFW]

I'm all for the arts, but this is far from it. Your UK taxes at work;

After pickled sheep, unmade beds and painting with elephant dung, some questioned where modern art could go next. Kira O'Reilly will provide her own answer today by spending four hours naked, hugging a dead pig - at the taxpayer's expense

It's art, says the naked woman who'll hug a dead pig on stage

After pickled sheep, unmade beds and painting with elephant dung, some questioned where modern art could go next.

Kira O'Reilly will provide her own answer today by spending four hours naked, hugging a dead pig - at the taxpayer's expense.

The controversial Irish performance artist will invite one person at a time to watch her sit in a specially-constructed set and perform a 'crushing slow dance' with the carcass in her arms.

She claims the bizarre exhibition is an attempt to 'identify' with the pig, which she cuts with a knife during the show.
    >
    The performance will see the artist sit in a disused social club designed to look like a bedroom, surrounded by props including flowers and a plastic swan.

She will spend four hours with the dead pig - bought from a local abattoir - in her arms.

She wrote on the gallery's website: 'When I cut pig I have an urge to delve both hands into the belly, to meld into her warm flesh, my blood and her blood.'
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 August 2006, 23:57.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I've heard of beastailty (sick).
    I've heard of necrophiliacs (equally, if not more sick).

To combine them, and post them on these forums is below even you Doc. Even though you try to appear as denouncing the 'performance', posting links and even a picture is beyond Jeraldo sensationalism.

I am sickened and disappointed in you.
    Last edited by Kruzin; 18 August 2006, 23:44.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Removed...but it is 'art', right? Govt. sanctioned at that, and worse is done here. Just check your city museums sometime.....get the point?
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

from same source:
        Anita Singh, spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said: 'This seems to be a desperate cry for help that merits visits from mental health counsellors, not voyeurs.

'As Miss O'Reilly seems to depend on the shock value of using a murdered pig as a prop, perhaps lacking the talent to make it as a proper artist, may we suggest she take up a day job instead to pay the bills. This is not entertainment - this is sick.'
        Couldn't agree more.

edit: It's about as sick as peforming a public sexual act with a fillet mignon.
        2nd edit: Was stupid, corrected my post.
        Last edited by TransformX; 20 August 2006, 01:02.
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Ok I'm the first person ever to admit that artists and modern art are totally going in the wrong direction and is often missing the point. Shock value based art is is usually the avenue of someone that doesn't have anything constructive to say. However, is it art? Yes it is. Do I like it. No I don't. Will everybody like my art? Nope? Are the artist subsidies going to the wrong person? I haven't seen her proposal in order to get the grant in the first place, but I'd be hard to say one way or the other. Art is trickier than most things to judge on whether it's 'worth it', however, that also means that if you're shrewd it's that much easier to take advantage of the system. I personally think that art is being lost on the masses and they don't 'get it' because it's to full of shrewd people instead of talented people.
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Some mass murderers fashion themselves artists, as well.

Comment

Working...
            X