NWN 2 and DarkStar One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN 2 and DarkStar One

Ebgames website states that NeverWinter Nights 2 is slated for release on 17/18th of Oct. You can pre-order now and wait 2 months

in the mean time, another space sim/privateer clone is out called DarkStar One. anyone have a demo or actually got this game yet?
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Maybe it's time for me to finally finish playing NWN, before the sequel comes out.

I gave up on it around patch 1.20, when each new iteration of the patch introduced more and more restrictive SecuROM protection, and when they weren't busy making the game not play for legal owners they were busy making the game not play for anyone with an ATI card.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

There's a (german) Demo for Darkstar one here. If link doesn't work, click through from here.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

WRT NWN, am I the only one who experienced many lockups especially in certain areas?

I paused playing NWN for about a year at the final battle as I kept failing. Retried a few days ago and voila!. I think I'll wait until NWN2 gets cheaper and do the add-ons first. They are cheap now
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat
          in the mean time, another space sim/privateer clone is out called DarkStar One. anyone have a demo or actually got this game yet?
          If you liked Freelancer you'll like this one as well. There are a few things different from Freelancer:

You don't have trade lanes inside the systems anymore, instead there's a time key that accelerates your travel (beside the afterburner).
          You don't have to use jumpgates to initite a hyperspace jump, you have a field drive (got to be 0.4u away from large objects, and 4.0u from hostile ships). Still, when you arrive in the new system it will be through a gate.
          Can't land on planets anymore, only trade stations... on asteroids, cruisers and reasearch stations only if there was a special mission (main story) and it will only repair your ship, no equipment for sale.
          And last, you have a single ship that gets upgraded by collecting artifacts (aspect ,weapon/equipment slots, shield/energy generator class available...).

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
            WRT NWN, am I the only one who experienced many lockups especially in certain areas?

I paused playing NWN for about a year at the final battle as I kept failing. Retried a few days ago and voila!. I think I'll wait until NWN2 gets cheaper and do the add-ons first. They are cheap now
            Were you using an ATI card? *evil*
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Yes. Are real lock-ups as in need to push the reboot-button (no CTRL+ALT+DEL) common with ATI cards in this game? Some sort of 9600 from Sapphire.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes. Are real lock-ups as in need to push the reboot-button (no CTRL+ALT+DEL) common with ATI cards in this game? Some sort of 9600 from Sapphire.
                Sadly, yes. At the time that NWN was coded, Bioware was firmly in the pocket of nVidia. All nVidia cards work flawlessly with the game, even pathetic little cards like the original GeForce. ALl ATI cards work poorly, ESPECIALLY the 9600 which has (had) known lockup issues. There was, at the time, some talk of BIOS flashes needed, but since ATI never officially supported that... well, yeah it sucks.

Comment

It's been so long since I played NWN, but I got to a prison where I needed to find the "boss" and do something, but I don't remember what. Anyway, I did "it" but the boss didn't die or whatever was supposed to happend to him, so I gave up and quit playing.
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Is the the head goaler in the prison in beggar's nest? That'd be from chapter 1. He did not die because you need to kill him for that....

Thx Gurm, now I finally know "it wasn't me".

Comment

Is the the head goaler in the prison in beggar's nest? That'd be from chapter 1. He did not die because you need to kill him for that....

Thx Gurm, now I finally know "it wasn't me".
                      You're welcome. I am going to try replaying it soon, I'll let you know if the problem still exists - although I can't imagine that it does. I seem to recall, back when I was still doing ATI beta stuff, that there was a fix slipped into one of the Catalysts...

Comment

Working...
                      X