Window Explorer errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Explorer errors

Lately I've been getting annoying Windows Explorer errors whenever I have a folder of images open on my laptop at work or use Photoshop. Photoshop just shuts off and I have to use the task Manager to close the folder in order to keep working.

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0003426d

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this ????
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Well it seems one of those problems that many people have but don't seem to have a solution. Only done a quick google for it.

Presume you've done the normal checks etc spyware (With a decent program) viri memtest etc.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Blame MS => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762/
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

And another nice issue http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/or...207419,00.html
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

KeiFront: I believe you are off-topic.

I was one of many involved with the KB923762 issue week before last: had to open a Severity "A" Case with Microsoft. Microsoft provided a hotfix (the new URLMON.DLL), and Microsoft intends to re-release MS06-042 out-of cycle sometime next week.

This did not have anything to do with Photoshop or Windows Explorer, I'm afraid: it only affects sites which use HTTP 1.1 Compression, and only on Windows XP SP1 and Windows 2000 SP4 machines running IE6SP1. The hotfix version of URLmon.dll changes the accessible address space back to the previously unpatched version's while still fixing the vulnerability.

The Slowness issues described in the MYITFORUM mostly affects machines running WSUS/SMS which have old builds and long patch histories. What the article leaves out is that it can also be exacerbated by network latency conditions. I personally have not seen this issue, and our SMS infrastructure is the biggest around.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Your correct about issue number 1 I missed the Photoshop part my fault. I lost a lot of valuable time yesterday with the issue so I’m a bit pissed atm at MS. And I’ve personally seen the slowness issue .

Comment

I didn't like having to repackage my entire advertisement to address the MS06-042 issue, either....made for a very long night. It took us six hours of installing/uninstalling updates to isolate the problem, at which point we brought in Microsoft.
              Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
              X