Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MURCers from North Carolina?

Anyone near Chapel Hill?
    My Mom lives near there and is getting up in age, I am thinking a little about relocating.
    How does the IT job market look there?
    What are housing prices like, etc?

Thanks,
    Chuck

PS This has nothing to do with the fact that it seems to be 105 f***ing degrees here every day.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Originally posted by cjolley
    Anyone near Chapel Hill?
    PS This has nothing to do with the fact that it seems to be 105 f***ing degrees here every day.
    Come on Chuck, I know you can say it:

Oklahoma SUCKS!

I spent a year and half there while stationed at Fort Sill, I plan on never ever going back to that place if I dont have too.

PS OKC was nice the couple times I was there
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

If you go to NC you'd get the stanley cup winning Carolina Hurricanes. You bastard. We lost our NHL team years ago. To Phoenix. Phoenix! What the h3ll do they need hockey for?? Grrr
      Last edited by Mehen; 14 August 2006, 17:20.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Abandoning Winnipeg for PHOENIX??? Surely they can't expect more fans..

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
          If you go to NC you'd get the stanley cup winning Carolina Hurricanes. You bastard. We lost our NHL team years ago. To Pheonix. Pheonix! What the h3ll do they need hockey for?? Grrr
          It's worse than you think, i know some americans who believe the 'National' in NHL stands for American Nation and not Canadian Nation.

...now that Molsen is owned by coors...
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Speaking of hockey (and to completely hijack this thread) - you do you feel about Ottawa getting rid of Hasek?
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Chapel Hill should have a decent IT job market, though the better areas for that are in/around Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham (more Raleigh and Cary than Durham).

Housing prices I'm not as sure of in Chapel Hill. Median housing costs in the Raleigh area appear to cover a range of $140-$180k for a 3-4 bedroom. Most of NC is seeing a surge in population and as such the real estate market is booming. New home costs are high, but homes that are just a few years old can be had for a bargain. There are also a few programs to aid in purchasing a new home in some areas (such as no-money down, etc).

One thing to keep in mind is than many older homes don't have air conditioning, though this seems to be a more common occurrence towards the western part of the state (mountains and all).

City-Data's forum for the area seems to be a decent source of information, though getting an answer for any given question can be hit or miss. I had more of a miss than a hit with my inquiry for the area, but Trina has found answers to most of our questions by reading through other posts.

Speaking of sports teams, NC lost their Charlotte Hornets to New Orleans who 'lost' them to Oklahoma City...

On the bright side, it's only 84 here right now

Oh and I'll say it... Oklahoma Sucks!
              I thought I couldn't dislike a state more than Florida, but after 7 years here, I'm not so sure now.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
              X