Nokia E61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia E61

Anyone know where I can get an secure vpn client for this phone???
    It has a inbuilt client but it doesn't let you enter a password or username which is a bit useless.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Doesn't seem one around for free trial

I've come across movian vpn but theres no demo so I don't know if it works or not.
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i don't know of one off hand but i will research

by the way; what are you planning on connecting to? just want add a warning; a lot of companies and corporation have very strict rules regarding VPN over wifi. Some companies i've worked for have policies of instant termination with out prejudice for emps who use VPN over wireless (on PDAs, blackberries etc..)
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

If this is anything like the N80 then you're going to find yourself getting nowhere fast.
        I've got a user here who wants to collect e-mail on his N80 from our Exchange Server.

Our Exchange server is non-public facing so this requires VPN access into our network and then he can make a POP connection to the Exchange server and all would be well.
        Alas...
        The Nokia VPN client requires a "Profile" and the only two things that can generate this profile are a Cisco Concentrator (unless you've already got this you aren't going to buy it) or the NSSM (Nokia Security Service Manager).
        The only way to get hold of the NSSM is by buying a Nokia VPN Gateway product - so you need to buy extra Nokia products just to get a configuration tool so that you could then in theory use the N80 with a non-Cisco or Non-Nokia setup.

I've now returned the N80 back to the user as a "Sorry, unsupported device" and if people want remote access to e-mail they will either have to stick to hardware running Microsoft OS's or Blackberry/Blackberry Connect devices.
        It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
        Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat

by the way; what are you planning on connecting to? just want add a warning; a lot of companies and corporation have very strict rules regarding VPN over wifi. Some companies i've worked for have policies of instant termination with out prejudice for emps who use VPN over wireless (on PDAs, blackberries etc..)
          No problems with permissions for VPN. After all they want there tech support team to try these items out.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Any Joy???
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

woops! sorry, haven't looked into it yet.

do you have a SLA on this?
              /meow
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              Asus Striker ][

Comment

(vpn over cdma? *bwahahahaha*)

interesting topic. doesn't seem like this technology has matured at all.

i did find this tidbit:
                Apani makes the non-windows VPN clients for Nortel, but they only have a WinCE client
                apani.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, apani.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

VPN over wireless medium is still new and flaky even with proprietary software.

edit: if you are 'just testing' you might also want to consider the BB7270 (currently only Voip/wlan BB). it also has it's own client. I don't believe it's commercially available yet but you should still be able to get it directly from RIM.

edit2(last edit promise): regarding BB connect devices
                Several leading manufacturers have also announced plans to make BlackBerry Connect technology available on their devices. These include:

* Nokia Eseries (Nokia E60, Nokia E61, Nokia E70)
                Last edited by lowlifecat; 15 August 2006, 22:03.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][

Comment

interesting topic. doesn't seem like this technology has matured at all.

i did find this tidbit:

apani.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, apani.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

VPN over wireless medium is still new and flaky even with proprietary software.

edit: if you are 'just testing' you might also want to consider the BB7270 (currently only Voip/wlan BB). it also has it's own client. I don't believe it's commercially available yet but you should still be able to get it directly from RIM.

edit2(last edit promise): regarding BB connect devices

http://www.blackberry.com/products/b..._connect.shtml
                  No I've got an E61 for my own use but I can use also for testing at work as they're looking into these handheld devices.

Stumbling blocks I found so far. No Secure VPN apart from there own unless you want to risk buying one.

No way at the present to sync to Oracle Calander.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X