X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a bigger lie?

Is there a bigger lie? - m4w
    "I just want to meet a nice guy"

This is an actual posting on Craigslist Chicago, check it out.
    For a some of you it will sound so familiar…. .
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: the topic gets altered so it's better to see the search on *lie* or *lies*.
    There are few posts that don't belong to this topic.

here:

or here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ND66; 10 August 2006, 06:06. Reason: change of links
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

yeah, I have had a few women say that to me, all the while I am thinking "what about the nice guy that is sitting here listening to you complain about all this shit?" - I guess that Friends Zone article pertains to me...
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Mehen> try this next time; say: "You wouldn't know a nice guy if he got up and left." then get up and leave.
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Will do.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat
          Mehen> try this next time; say: "You wouldn't know a nice guy if he got up and left." then get up and leave.
          ROFL.. good one.. someone will probably steal that and put it in a romantic comedy.

Comment

Mehen> please note that this is unlikely to get you laid but if you find youself in that situation then you got nothing to loose.

the last time i tried this line the woman got up followed me (i think i pissed her off). Told her i was sick of women complaining about not finding 'nice guys' then giving the "you're a nice guy but..." speech. if she was serious about finding a 'nice guy' then she'd better start getting serious. Thank you and goodbye.
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][

Comment

I don't think you pissed her off at all. She probably followed you because she thought she was actually going to be missing out on something.

Comment

possibly, relationship with her is still a work in progress. she's a piece of work herself.

at least she knows that if she doesn't put any effort into "us" then i'm quite content to ignore her.. for months sometimes.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][

Comment

Just remembering what Chris Rock's response to when a girl said that she wants to be friends....

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
                    I don't think you pissed her off at all. She probably followed you because she thought she was actually going to be missing out on something.

…or she was just soooo deep in her thoughts, she did not understand what lowlifecat just said ...... or just plain stupid.

If she thought she was missing out on something, she’d jump up with the scream “wait” or something like that.

I’m sure lowlifecat is capable of recognizing the difference between pissed off or missing out something mood.

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                      Fluff, what does Chris say?
                      "i want to be the friend thats f*cking you in the a*s ... b*tch"

Well along those lines..

Comment

..."but we can still be friends"...

I think we all know the translation of this one...

Got to love this one ...

Comment

Pissing people off is a talent that doesn't require much effort on my part

On a serious note. My issues with this woman are enough to get me to start my own venting thread!

I could really use a lot of advice as things have been going on for the past 3 almost 4 yeArs and we are still at the same semi-dating stage.

People don't follow their own advice very well. I should just walk away and stay that way this time... Again.
                          /meow
                          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                          Asus Striker ][

Comment

"I just want to meet a nice guy"
                            This is not very complex if you know what the girl is too ashamed to say.
                            The only part of it that is a lie is the "I just"

Here is what is really going on:
                            "I want to want to meet a nice guy, but I don't."

Think about that and you will understand her sad situation.
                            And yours.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                              Here is what is really going on:
                              "I want to want to meet a nice guy, but I don't."
                              That is deep, man...

(and most likely the best explanation on this topic I have seen )

Jörg
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X