X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Egyptian 'students' go AWOL

Egyptian students disappear in U.S.

FBI hunting 11 exchange students who didn't show up at school

Tuesday, August 8, 2006; Posted: 10:07 p.m. EDT (02:07 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Immigration agents and the FBI are looking for 11 Egyptian students who entered the United States on valid student visas, then failed to show up at a university in Montana, authorities said.

The FBI on Saturday issued a nationwide alert to law enforcement agencies. Included were the students' names, ages, passport numbers and photographs.

"At the present time there are no known associations to any terrorist groups. Approach with caution," the lookout bulletin states.
    The students were identified as:

• El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, 20

• Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, 21

• Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, 20

• Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, 22

• Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, 19

• Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, 21

• Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, 20

• Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, 22

• Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, 18

• Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, 20

• Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy, 17
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

So what?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeah, so what? You don't live here and don't have to worry. I would really like to see you move to south central LA and see how your attitudes change, Brian. You can't afford to just give the benefit of the doubt to a group of people who are known to harbor antagonism for your people.. just turn your back and hope a knife doesn't get stuck there. As it is, you're pretty safe.

Comment

took me 5 seconds to realize this, 8 out of those 11 have something in common that the other 3 don't have.

Beer flavoured donuts to whoever can spot it.
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          Yeah, so what? You don't live here and don't have to worry. I would really like to see you move to south central LA and see how your attitudes change, Brian. You can't afford to just give the benefit of the doubt to a group of people who are known to harbor antagonism for your people.. just turn your back and hope a knife doesn't get stuck there. As it is, you're pretty safe.
          As you don't live in S. Central LA, either, so what?

I said 'so what?' because this is not, in any way, news but an everyday occurrence. I dare say that the list of guys with Islamic names who are being actively sought is in the tens of thousands. Why single out just a handful?

FYI, I occasionally visit N. Cyprus, which is very Islamic, but not extremist. If anything, I find the people there more polite and less likely to rip one off than in the so-called Christian South. You may be interested to see the attached photos which I took 2 weeks ago in the N. Sector of Nicosia. They were taken in the principal mosque which was originally a Lusignan cathedral dedicate to St Sofia. It was converted to a mosque after the 16th c Ottoman invasion, with two minarets added. The original orientation was to Jerusalem, of course, but the interior was re-oriented towards Mecca. Of course, all the interior Christian decoration, such as stained glass windows, statues etc. were removed and replaced by geometric designs or holy scripts. I find the Persian script in the large medallion particularly beautiful (no idea what it means though!). Note the diagonal lines on the carpet, to help the faithful align themselves. The thing that stuck me was the light airiness of the mosque, compared with the sooty dinginess of the Orthodox churches in the South.
          Attached Files
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat
            took me 5 seconds to realize this, 8 out of those 11 have something in common that the other 3 don't have.

El ?

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat

8 are in their 20's, 3 in their 10's

Guess they were killed when arriving in the US because someone didn't like their faces. And don't forget the fact that there are lot of bears in Montana. Or they met Monty Roberts and fled back to Egypt.
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                As you don't live in S. Central LA, either, so what?

I said 'so what?' because this is not, in any way, news but an everyday occurrence. I dare say that the list of guys with Islamic names who are being actively sought is in the tens of thousands. Why single out just a handful?

FYI, I occasionally visit N. Cyprus, which is very Islamic, but not extremist. If anything, I find the people there more polite and less likely to rip one off than in the so-called Christian South. You may be interested to see the attached photos which I took 2 weeks ago in the N. Sector of Nicosia. They were taken in the principal mosque which was originally a Lusignan cathedral dedicate to St Sofia. It was converted to a mosque after the 16th c Ottoman invasion, with two minarets added. The original orientation was to Jerusalem, of course, but the interior was re-oriented towards Mecca. Of course, all the interior Christian decoration, such as stained glass windows, statues etc. were removed and replaced by geometric designs or holy scripts. I find the Persian script in the large medallion particularly beautiful (no idea what it means though!). Note the diagonal lines on the carpet, to help the faithful align themselves. The thing that stuck me was the light airiness of the mosque, compared with the sooty dinginess of the Orthodox churches in the South.
                Did your wife tour the mosque with you?
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

BE how do you know they're aren't extremists in there laugthing at you when you went for walk around. They don't tattoo it on there foreheads you know. Your PC nature does cloud your mind at times and thats why they like you.

1) Anyway this could be a simple case of illegal immigration.

2) They could have met an untimely end.

3) May have decided to not bother with University striaght away and gone for a walk around.

4) Or they maybe from the darker side.

But you've got to check.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                      But you've got to check.
                      Most have been captured and are in deep doo-doo. Even though they were supposed to go straight out west to the college they found some in New Jersey, some in NYC and one made it to Minnesota where he was captured by police. Doesn't sound to legit to me.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Possible Dr M but theres always people who'll say it's racist behavour becuase of the names. They'd also say it's racist if no one bothered to look and they turned up dead in a ditch.
                        Also Authorites would be called foolish/incompetant if they didn't check and they blew a plane up.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                          Possible Dr M but theres always people who'll say it's racist behavour becuase of the names.
                          Who cares? Sticks and stones..

Comment

I think Pit's point is that the authorities are screwed whatever they do. Of course there is also the point that 98% of recent terror cases have been Muslims. Not looking for them would be like having someing mauled by a Pit Bull and the police not being allowed to put out an APB noting the breed. Dumb.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

MY point is any "authorities" that are generally nutless, gutless, scared little mice don't deserve to BE the authorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X