A tip I'd like to pass on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tip I'd like to pass on.

Today I was finishing up a 40 minute documentary that consists of 7 projects in MS Pro 6.0

At about 15 minutes into the project, while sending to tape, I was getting a glitch. A momentary blue screen on the video cam screen, as if the DV stream had been interupted.

At first I thought it was a problem with the clip so I checked it. It seemed okay. After a few hours I decided to trim the clip to get rid of the glitch area. I have to get this project out! Guess what? At about 15 minutes the same glitch but at a different scene. Now I started thinking it must be the computer. I finally figured out that my monitor was shutting off after 15 minutes. I changed that in power management and "poof," no more glitch.

Maybe I can save someone else the trouble.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Yup. Disabling all the power management features is a standard editing step. Nothing like having something shut down in the middle of things.

It's also not a bad idea to turn off power management in the system BIOS as well.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
    X