Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd MX100 middle mouse behaviour.

I replaced my MX700 with a MX1000 after the charging circuit gave up
    The mouse seems a worthy sucessor, but I cant seem to change the middle mouse button behaviour. In fact, clicking the middle mouse button doesn't seem to do anything.

I cant see any way of changing this in the SetPoint software, albeit I havn't changed the software since installing the new mouse, but it recognises the MX1000....

Do I need to abandon setpoint and use the IntelliMouse?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

When I got my MX1000, it was doing the same thing. I returned it for a new one and all was normal.

It's probably busted.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Make sure you have the newest SetPoint software, there was a new rev last week, and if that doesn't fix it agallag's got the right idea.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hmm.. I've had this problem with another MX1000... I'm not sure what the correct 'action' is for the middle mouse button. If i depress gently I get a high pitch soft click similar to when depressing the left mouse button. In order to 'activate' the middle mouse button switch I need to press more firmly, the first press clicks and then the 'deeper' press clunks.

Perhaps clunk is the wrong word. It sounds a bit like cracking a knuckle. It is lower pitch.

I'm not sure what's right. But my old MX1000 (about a year ago) did this so I returned it.

Anyone know what is right? I have to assume that as the only two mice that I've tried have been the same, then it should double click If this is so, then I shall return it and get a different model.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hi Paddy,

This might sound like a dumb question, but does your setpoint software look like this one?

If so, the middle mouse button is button 3 and you can change it's behavour by setting what it's meant to do there. When i first installed the software it was set as zoom, so i had to change it myself as well.

In so far as the noise goes, my middle button sounds a bit like a knuckle cracking so i wouldn't be overly concerned by it.

Phill...
          Attached Files
          ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Nope, mine is like this.

What is your click like?
            Attached Files

Comment

Paddy,

The click on my MX1000 is very similar to what you described, maybe not exactly but pretty damn close.

If you click on button 3 (from the select button column, not the picture of the mouse) in your setpoint software (currently listed as zoom) you will get an option to change what function that button has. Your picture has button 1 (Left Click) selected and you cannot change it's assignment therefore it doesn't show the assignment listing.
              ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Doh! I've change the middle mouse button behaviour, but I am still concerned that this click is not right. It is certainly a PITA!

Would anyone recommend an alternative mouse?

Comment

I've got another silly question for you Paddy, when you are pressing lightly on the middle button and the sound is like the left click, are you sure you aren't accidentally pushing the button left or right?

The left and right scroll on my mouse (middle button pushed left or right) sounds like a left click but when it is depressed to activate the middle button itself it is a deeper clunk, much like the knuckle cracking sound you descibed.

What i'm asking might seem a little too obvious, but sometimes it's the obvious things we miss

Bored Yet?

Comment

erm... :

oops! I didn't think of that! bugger!

I feel like a right idiot.
                    I find it hard to click the middle mouse button and not the 'push left'.
                    I have no desire to use the left/right wheel, I wonder if I can remap it....

Comment

Hi Paddy,

You can remap the left/right scroll of the middle button. They are button 9 and 10 in the Setpoint software. If you don't want them to do anything, when you have one of them selected, choose "other" and from the drop down box that comes up when you click on "select function" you can choose "do nothing".

Voila, middle button left/right scroll disabled and completely harmless...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Cheers! I have mapped the left wheel click to middle mouse button

Comment

Working...
                        X