Pinnacle Studio 10 BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle Studio 10 BSOD

I've toyed with DVD authoring and found it a laborious process.
    I have Pinnacle Studio 10 which I finally took out of the box last week.

I found that my XP3200+ struggles and the program seems rather unstable despite all the updates. After hours of getting nowhere I decided to perform all the editing outside of Pinnacle and simply use it to create a menu and author the DVD.

My source comprises of VRO files (from a DVD-RAM Camcorder) which I have imported into a VOB extractor to remove the individual scenes. I have edited and merged the files to create chapters. I have left the files in the original MPEG format.

The files import and play in pinnacle fine. I have created two menus which link to chapters and all seems to apart from one bit of quirky behaviour. Two of the menu-chapter links are reversed, i.e. link 1 points to chapter 2 and vice versa. If i intentionally point link 1 to chapter 2 then it points to chapter 1.. odd. Incidentally this only happens when i am linking to another menu.

In any case the preview function outputs as I would expect, but if I try to compile the DVD it renders the menus successfully and then BSODs with IRQ not les then or equal. My AIW 9800pro works fine normally and I certainly don’t get any errors outside of pinnacle.

Any thoughts? I have the completed project saved, I just need to compile it.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I've read more posts about Pinnacle Studio version whatever being a buggy P.O.S. I swore I'd never install it. Then I picked up an ATI AIW PCIe and the SE version came with it, so I figured what-the-hell. 4 days later I couldn't un-install it fast enough
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, I prefer MediaStudio Pro, Ulead's professional video editing package.

But out of curiosity, I recently bought Ulead VideoStudio 10+ -- the "consumer" package -- and I am impressed.

Ulead has packed a lot of new functionality into VideoStudio.

The last version of VideoStudio that I used was version 7 and the only reason I got it was due to the fact I was working for Ulead and so many people just needed help getting started with that software.

Version 10+ is incredible for a "consumer" software package.

In fact, it has many features that formerly were considered "professional" features.

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Most notable is that it now has 7 video tracks and 5.1 Dolby. That would cover ~90% of event video projects. It's an amazing value.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've installed the trial of MSP.
          I've inserted the mpegs into MSP and created chapters.

I cant see how to build a menu though....
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

hmm.. it seems that I need to export the file into Uleads DVD Movie Factory
            I'm not too keen on their DVD menu util. Any suggestions?
            Last edited by Paddy; 3 August 2006, 11:15.

Comment

Depends what you are looking for. The prosumer Ulead product, a little old but very versatile, is DVD Workshop. Alternatively, there is DVDLab, which has three levels from entry to pro.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrold Jones
                Well, I prefer MediaStudio Pro, Ulead's professional video editing package.

But out of curiosity, I recently bought Ulead VideoStudio 10+ -- the "consumer" package -- and I am impressed.
                While the list of features is impressive, I still find the interface/timeline VERY un-intuitive. Why can't Ulead use the same timeline style of Pro? I would think it would make for an easier "upgrade" from the "home" to the "Pro" version.
                Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

I just want to import these mpeg files and create a menu. No complex editing. In fact, no video editing at all. I set MSP going last night and it also caused a reboot.... Odd. The machine is stable apart from when executing this task.

I have tried this in the past and had problems with BSODs, but that was with Premiere and in a previous OS build.

Could I have a duff mpeg file that is causing problems? They play ok....

Any thoughts?

Comment

Indeed, MPEG files often cause problems but there may be other causes, as well.
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Are you overclocking? An otherwise stable overclock PC can crash when encoding files.

DJ

Comment

Cheers for the input DJ. No, I am not overclocking and the PC is stable in everything except this.... I'm tempted to get my server to do the rendering (Quad P3 500)...
                        Perhaps I need to do a rebuild?

Comment

Working...
                        X