Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Enlight EN-8950 case/it's "mini rack" (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Enlight EN-8950 case/it's "mini rack" (?)

Perhaps instead of relying on overcrowded case I should get new, bigger one. One occasion arrises now...on local auction site there's new Enlight EN-8950 case (and I predict it will end up cheaper than typical awfull el chepeo cases from store). Would be good for my needs, I guess (yeah, not resolving USB/Firewire issue from another thread at all...oh well).
    However I'm slightly confused about something and the auction starter left for a few days (vacation I guess...) so I'm asking you guys...perhaps somebody will know (I think EN-8950( is quite popular entry-level server case...)

On those pictures it looks...pretty much like I'd expect.

However there's something more on photo attached to auction...

So, question: I suppose this is not another variant of the case, but simply exactly the same EN-8950 that has been shipped with/put into some sort of "mini-rack"?

It looks just like the case our server is in. It has the screw holes on the top and bottom so you can install rails for rack use, or you can use it on the wheels which comes with pre installed.. at least they come that way now, we have no wheels
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

All my current cases are Enlight EN-7280 ( discontinued model ).
      I've used this brand of case for quite some time and have been very happy with them.

Comment

Yep, cheapest ones that are decent (I have 7230)

Comment

I used to have several 7230's. I made a drill jig for all the drive bay covers, to open them up

I really like the ones withe the fron door. They work well with my 12" cooling fans :P

Comment

And moments when people (especially at computer hardware shop/service) don't know how to open them are priceless...

Oh, and regarding the initiall dillema/question - auction ends in less than 12h so if anyone had contact with this "mini rack"... (if that's a rack of course...)

Comment

I'm a bit confused as to what your asking The picture in the auction is of the case on it's side in a box with the front door laying on top of it. If you turned it over and attached the door it would look like the pictures on Google.
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Not exactly how you describe...

Anyway, nevermind - been to sleepy apparently and didn't wake up on time (and credit on local sniping service has run out...)
                Too bad - the price ended in the range of typical shitty, but "cool looking" case, pretty much as I've expected.

Comment

Working...
                X