Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3,5' -> 5,25' HDD adapter with USB & Firewire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3,5' -> 5,25' HDD adapter with USB & Firewire?

Situation: I'd like to add to my computer one more HDD and also have USB and, perhaps, Firewire ports at the front. Yes, only one 5,25' bay remaining. And I have no luck finding thing from the topic, that will not only allow mounting of HDD but will also be able to put USB ports (preferably 4) and perhaps Firewire port (1) at the front. So...does such thing exist? Have any of you seen it somewhere? Perhaps there's no point in searching...

Originally posted by Nowhere
    Situation: I'd like to add to my computer one more HDD and also have USB and, perhaps, Firewire ports at the front. Yes, only one 5,25' bay remaining. And I have no luck finding thing from the topic, that will not only allow mounting of HDD but will also be able to put USB ports (preferably 4) and perhaps Firewire port (1) at the front. So...does such thing exist? Have any of you seen it somewhere? Perhaps there's no point in searching...
    I know I have seen such a thing - essentially a connector bay that also has screwholes to mount a hard disk - but I couldn't find one right this minute, perhaps they are a thing of the past?
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
      Why not add both seperately in the same 5,25" drive bay? Should fit, provided that the front USB/Firewire bay isn't too deep

The HDD brackets allow for something like this at least:
      Last edited by dZeus; 2 August 2006, 09:11.

Comment

Yeah, been thinking about it too (especieally since mounts in my case have some flexibility)...but for few last days I wasn't been able to find ports adapter that doesn't think it should have whole bay for itself... :/ (the only shallow ones are...3,5' )

edit: hmmm...new idea: perhaps some 3,5' -> 5'25 adapter for fdd/zip drives + shallow 3,5' port adapter would do the trick, I guess (brainstorm sometimes proves helpfull it seems...)
        And BTW dZeus, I think "one part" adapter would be preferable in my case - the case has 5,25' drives mounted on rails.
        Last edited by Nowhere; 2 August 2006, 09:17.

Comment

How about this: http://www.frontx.com/
          in combination with the hdd brackets (if it works) ?

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X