• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrox Util - Matrox Powerspace

Key features:

Create multiple workspaces to better organize screen space

Set applications to open in specific locations on the desktop or workspace

Starts applications automatically upon log in and restore them to their saved locations

Instantly access other saved workspaces by selecting the PowerSpace icon in the taskbar or by selecting the assigned hot keys

Import/Export workspaces to and from other PCs effortlessly

Retains local multi-monitor settings even after a remote login session from a single monitor has occurred

Finally, a proper successor for mutlidesk (which never worked as it should).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Just tested it and... wow...

It allows for multiple workspaces; the difference with a desktop is that you can also choose to have it on a per display basis.
      So you can have 2 workspaces (A and B) defined on display 1, and 2 workspaces defined on display 2 (C and D). And then it is possible to have workspace A on display 1, and workspace C on display 2. Changing to workspace D on display 2 keeps workspace A on display 1.
      (even in stretched mode!)

So, a big

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Cool...finally a new toy for my G200MMS and Parhelia!
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Doesn't wor on TH2G :-(
          Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Off a single display how many workspaces can you have I have a maximum of 2 on a P650.

Comment

When you open the tool ("manage workspace"), and right click on a display (e.g. "display 1 unit 1"), you have the option "new workspace".

I've tried it on my Parhelia, and on my G450.

Jörg
              Last edited by VJ; 4 August 2006, 01:45.
              pixar

Comment

The Parhelia is in stretched mode (and 3 workspaces on display 1 unit 1 were not a problem); the G450 is in dual independant (and again 3 workspaces on display 1 unit 1 was possible).

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

I'm curious...when you have a Matrox card in the machine and a card from different vendor - does it work on all displays?

Comment

Y'know at first I was going to make a snarky comment about this utility.

Then it occured to me - if Matrox has people to write spiffy display utilities like this... why can't they hire some DAMN CHIP DESIGNERS?
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                      I'm curious...when you have a Matrox card in the machine and a card from different vendor - does it work on all displays?
                      Yes, it does.

Comment

Working...
                      X