APPLE RECALL: MacBook Pro batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPLE RECALL: MacBook Pro batteries

Welcome to the Earth Times. Environmental news and blogs with eco-friendly store.

Apple recalls MacBook Pro batteries

=Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:26:01 GMT

CUPERTINO, California: Apple Computer Inc. announced a worldwide recall of batteries used in its MacBook Pro notebooks sold between February and May 2006.

The company said in a posting on its website the recall had to be resorted to as the batteries "do not meet our high standards for performance." However, they do not pose a safety risk, the company maintained, adding the recall is voluntary, and users can continue to use their current battery until a replacement arrives.

The company said batteries with the model number A1175 and a 12-digit serial number that ends with U7SA, U7SB, or U7SC can be returned to for replacement free of charge including shipping.

Apple did not mention how many systems are affected by the recall or any specific reason for the recall.

Apple had faced customer complaints on MacBook Pro, which the company introduced in February, on account of heat and noise the machine generated.

Apple had earlier recalled batteries of its iBook and PowerBook produces in May 2005.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

wonder if we'll have a repeat of the Dell laptop fire with some of these.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
    X