• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daamit

AMD, ATI Merge to Form DAAMIT

Originally posted by Brian Briggs Thursday, July 27
    By Brian Briggs

Sunnyvale, CA - AMD CEO Hector Ruiz said that with the merger of AMD with ATI the new company would be called DAAMIT.

Daamit"We wanted to keep the letters from each company, but didn't like the looks of AMDATI. It lacks imagination. Our marketing team found DAAMIT appealed most to our focus groups," said Ruiz.

Ruiz noted that DAAMIT is an ancient Incan word meaning "fleet of foot, speedy." He said, "That's the kind of company that we want to be."

A representative from Intel chuckled when told of the new name, "We applaud this as a bold move by the company. We can't wait to see what they do next."

Customers were pleased by the move. "That's what I usually say when I load new drivers on my system, so it seems appropriate," said Kyle Westfall of Wausau, Wisconsin.
    Related News

AMD to Release New Moron Processor

AMD Starts Rating Chips in GiggaHertz(tm)

AMD Releases Socket 666 Athlon 64 CPUs
    When asked if the company would continue its focus on the gaming market Ruiz said, "Yes, if people think of gaming, we want them to think DAAMIT!"

Rumors that DAAMIT will make fully integrated computers not compatible with third party hardware brought threats of litigation from Apple for patent infringement.

DAAMIT's stock was down on the news.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Lol
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...