X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH2Go at ANANDTech today...

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2806

Jez
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Wow after seeing the PCB, it sure looks like they're using the same basic design for the digital version.
    Notice the layout pattern for the unpopulated DVI connectors.

Comment

I guess this would be a good way to have a Matrox product and not sacrifice 3D performance The only thing I wonder about is how it will function in Vista, which is not far away by now...I'd hate getting the extra LCDs and realizing they don't work anymore.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
        Wow after seeing the PCB, it sure looks like they're using the same basic design for the digital version.
        Notice the layout pattern for the unpopulated DVI connectors.
        Those DVI connectors on this revision are likely only an analogue connection.

A digital version would require a significant change to hardware require to decode and reencode the signal.

I would expect the DVI connectors are there only as an OEM option.
        Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Would it require that much of a change to the hardware? What is the benefit.

Ok the system takes analog in.

But what is stopping the outputs being digitally encoded? What format is the output from that Philips chip?

What are the other chips used for? What Chrontel chip are they using what output types does it support? CH7301C

I'm sure it is capable.
          Last edited by Fluff; 2 August 2006, 03:20.

Comment

Well that Chrontel chip supports both DVI and also vga passthrough output, so it sounds like it would work as long as whatever those asics are support the same functions with a dvi input. It is possible to use the same layout, but it depends on what the interface parts can do.
            Hard to tell without being able to get the part numbers off the other chips on the board.

Comment

TH2Go Review at ComputerBuyer

Another review of TH2Go at computerbuyer. How can they show recommeded price of £256 when its £170 at matrox shop.
              Attached Files
              Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Working...
              X