Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G450 DVDmax incompatible "advanced settings"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 DVDmax incompatible "advanced settings"?

On windows 2000 I'm finding I need incompatible settings for good DVDmax playback of MPEG1 (field based scaling off) and DV (field based scaling on). I've pretty much permuted all the other settings in combination to no avail. I'm using the 5.52 "latest" drivers, but had the same troubles with two eariler versions.

Is this a known bug? Any solutions or workarounds? It'd be nice to have this a single click switch in PowerDesk rather than the tedieum in its current form, if no other fix is possible.

I see this behaviour on three very different W2K systems with G450s. SP2, DirectX8 and its DV update didn't help.

The "optimum" MPEG1 playback is spectacular by VCD standards with virtually everyone assuming its VHS tape they are watching. The "optimum" DV DVDmax playback is very good, but definitely not as good as DV over 1394 thru the camcorder on the same monitor. Premiere6 will preview over both the DVDmax and 1394 export and I switch A/V inputs for a quick A-B comparison. This is a fast system and premiere previews smoothly, but I'm not talking about an occasional "stutter" or dropped frame, but sharpness and overall color is clearly not as good with DVDmax compared to thru the camcorder. Perhaps this shows the limitations of the MS DV codec, or is it something in the G450 drivers?

I just recieved the XP beta2 and have limited time to test it, are people more intrested in seeing how DV and G450 (and perhaps G200-Marvel) might work on XP "Home Edition" or "Professional". I'll accept a vote to help decide which I should play with these next two weekends. By default I'd go with the "professional". It's unlikely I'd have time to try both any time soon.

--wally.

Thanks for the info

I am interested in everyone's video editing experience G450-eTV under Win2K. What generation of DualHead is that?

Comment

Working...
    X