Batman Begins 2 casting news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Begins 2 casting news....

Updated info from several sources (IGN, RottenTomatos, LatinReview and Batman-On-Film) say these two castings are pretty firm;

Joker: Heath Ledger

According to them the producers wanted a 'clean slate'. If they had cast some of those mentioned previously you would know from the get-go how he would be portrayed. That said it looks like they're going for the "very creepy and very extreme" Joker of 'The Killing Joke' rather than the semi-comedic Clown Prince of Jack Nicholson.

Also circulating is that he won't appear as Joker until later in the film, giving them a chance to portray his backstory, presumably that from 'The Killing Joke'.

Harvey Dent: Ryan Phillippe (Reese Witherspoons husband)

Good at playing scornfully condescending characters, which sounds right for a DA

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 July 2006, 23:17.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Heath Ledger? You gotta be kidding me.

Looks like a fricken prettyboy convention.

Comment

Depends. Heath Ledger was very effective in 'The Order', where he plays a young priest who ends up pursuing a "soul eater". Not a pretty boy role at all, he has some very rough moments. He was also very good playing the driven to suicide Sonny in 'Monsters Ball' and Ned Kelly in 'Ned Kelly'.

More;

IMDB's synosis: Batman, Lt.Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni.

IMDB is also listing Heath Ledger as Joker.

Art from 'The Killing Joke'

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 July 2006, 23:38.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X