G400TV, Avid Cinema support tools, Quicktime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400TV, Avid Cinema support tools, Quicktime

Just thought I'd pass this little gem on to any G400TV owners still using Avid Cinema who are hassled by only being able to use QT 3.02 that came with the program. I posted this message in the Matrox Support forum:

I have a G400TV that came bundled with Avid cinema. I recently bought a video effects program (AlamDV), but it needs to have Quicktime 4 or greater to run. This is a hassle as Avid won't run unless QT 3.02 only is installed. So I have to install/uninstall the version of QT I need, depending on whether I need to use Avid or AlamDV at the time, which is a real hassle. Until I found...

Hunting through the Avid Cinema disk, looking to find QT 3, I stumbled on the support tools folder, and found the "DisableQTVersionTesting.reg" file. The text file with it said "Use this application to update Avid Cinema to disable QuickTime version testing during application launch."
    I installed it, then immediately installed QT4, and viola!! I now can run QT4 and Avid Cinema!

I tested Avid, to see if it would work. Opened an old Avid project made when QT3.02 was installed, and it worked fine, could save to an Avid AVI, played back fine in WMP, all with QT4 installed.

I tested all the QT output modes of Avid Cinema, with QT4 installed and the Avid support tool reg file installed, and am pleased to report that ALL output modes of Avid QT play back perfectly in QT4.

I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't been looking for something else on the disk. Has this been a well kept secret, or has everyone been using this for ages?

Graham

News to me too Graham, but thanks for the tip-off. I've pinched your findings and posted them onto the FAQ (credted to you, naturally) so that others may find them in the future.

Cheers

Chris
    (T_I)

Comment

This is news to me. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go...
      Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Glad to be of assistance

Comment

Working...
        X