Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millionaire Takes Fight to MPAA

This will be fun

Last November, Shawn Hogan received an unsettling call: A lawyer representing Universal Pictures and the Motion Picture Association of America informed the 30-year-old software developer that they were suing him for downloading Meet the Fockers over BitTorrent. Hogan was baffled. Not only does he deny the accusation, he says he already owned the film on DVD. The attorney said they would settle for $2,500. Hogan declined.
    Read the rest on wired
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

My hero
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Fantastic! I hope he doesn't scare the MPAA away before trial. I want to see them lose so presidence can be set.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
        Fantastic! I hope he doesn't scare the MPAA away before trial. I want to see them lose so presidence can be set.
        In some article I read, he said he'd make some counterclaims or something, so they have to go to trial.

On Slashdot, people were talking about taking up donations, even though the guy has money. The general feeling (which I share) is that it's better to support someone who's willing to fight the {MP,RI}AA than it would be to help a poorer person pay the extortion fees.

- Steve

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Working...
          X