Quad Core very soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Core very soon

technology,hardware,graphics,motherboard,reviews,gaming,video games,pc games,analysis,modding,case mod,news,headlines

Fact or fiction ???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Supposedly it's fact and it's suppsoed to be under 1000$.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

In EETimes 2 pieces of news from AMD;

AMD vows '4x4' enthusiast processor

Kristen Kenedy
      CRN
      (07/25/2006 6:57 PM EDT)

Advanced Micro Devices Tuesday pledged to release a version of its upcoming enthusiast desktop product, code-name 4x4, at less than $1000.

Pat Moorhead, AMD's vice president of global channel marketing, said the 4x4—essentially two dual-core Athlon 64 FX processors on a motherboard tuned for gaming— will be released in multiple configurations. One configuration, he said, will consist of a "two CPU bundle configured at significantly less than $1,000."
      >
      Moorhead spoke at to a group of journalists convened at AMD's Sunnyvale, Calif., headquarters. AMD also demonstrated a version of the 4x4, but declined to let journalists view the 4x4 product. AMD officials have said the 4x4 will be released by the holiday season this year.

AMD's first announced the 4x4 at an analyst conference in June. At that time, Phil Hester, corporate vice president and chief technology officer, put up a slide that showed two dual-core FX processors coupled with two dual-core GPU ATI Crossfire or Nvidia SLI graphics cards. Pushing the 4x4 theme further, Moorhead said Tuesday that the platform performs particularly well with 4Gbyte of memory. With the 4x4 platform, each processor would have 2Gbytes of dedicated memory, he said.

Moorhead also said the 4x4 motherboards will be upgradeable to AMD's quad-core processors when they are released in 2007
      so....two 2-cores first & all ready for two 4-cores later.

Also;
      AMD also brought in two ISVs to demonstrate that several applications are already multithreaded and will benefit from the four cores available in the 4x4. Executives from Nero, a developer of multimedia authoring packages, and Luxology, maker of the 3D Modo application, said their applications can already take advantage of multiple core systems, such as the 4x4.

Moorhead said there are a few game patches available now that are multithreaded to take advantage of multicore systems, and more or coming. Intel, he noted, is also pushing game companies to develop more multithreaded games.

In June AMD announced that Bioware, Crytek, Havok Irrational Games, Midway and Sony are working on software applications and games that take advantage of multicore processing.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 July 2006, 14:03.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've already seen benchmarks on Kentsfield and overclock to 4.44GHz. Looks awesome.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
        X