"Eureka" - Sci-Fi channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Eureka" - Sci-Fi channel

Eureka is a small town that has a population of high end science prodigies; adults and children. The sheriff is actually an FBI agent assigned to reign in the madness. His 'house of the future' Sarah acts more like a wife, locking him out if he's late for dinner etc.

All manner of strange events arise, making Eureka a mix of Twilight Zone, Northern Exposure and X-Files.

Seen 2 shows so far and it's looking promising.

This pic exemplifies a day in Eureka;

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 July 2006, 18:33.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I really need to get SciFi back. True they show a lot of crap, but their original series are really spectacular.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Saw the pilot episode and think it'll be a winner for SciFi. Can't say I'd watch it a lot just cause I don't watch too much TV except football stuff. Stargate is one of my favorite shows and I never see the new episodes.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

They're also rerunning the entirety of "Dead Like Me", which was cancelled a couple years back ... because ... well, it's obvious why it didn't work, but hey.

Eureka does seem fun, we watched the pilot but forgot to DVR the second episode last night. *sigh*
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Dragging up old threads, but Season 2 starts next week.

Oh, and I have SciFi Channel (in the Netherlands) now!
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

I'm glad to hear there's a series 2. I enjoyed series 1 but with the ending I thought that might be it.
            FT.

Comment

I've caught a few episodes, but while it was enjoyable to watch, I just can't quite get into it. I think I've met my series following limit for now

Still, good show.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I've gotten pretty picky. Not having any free time will do that to a guy, JW!

Currently our series limit has been MORE than reached. We're backlogged on the DVR for a while.

- Julie loves ER, but I frankly think it has jumped the shark. If not long ago, then certainly with this season ender...

- We still DVR the original Law & Order, but only because we like Sam Waterston and Fred Thompson so much... it seldom gets watched.

- Law&Order: SVU is still very entertaining.

- Stargate SG-1 is over now, we're finishing up the final season's last 5 episodes.

- Stargate Atlantis is still on, and we watch it faithfully.

- BS:G, of course!

- Boston Legal. EXCELLENT SHOW.

- Extreme Home Makeover, although it makes you cry every damn episode. Damn tear-jerking "reality" TV. Plus, I'm pretty sure Ty Pennington has a special gland inside his body that excretes some kind of stimulant. Maybe caffeine, maybe speed. Hard to tell. He's the ADHD poster-child.

- Studio 60 has been cancelled. BASTARDS!

- Heroes, of course!

Uhh... umm... well, that's really it I think. Wow. That's not very many, I confess. We don't watch sitcoms any more, and every time we like a show it gets taken off the air. So really...

We watched a couple episodes of Eureka. It seemed decent, just... we never got into it. Maybe we were too busy at the time.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                  Uhh... umm... well, that's really it I think. Wow. That's not very many, I confess.
                  Are you kidding?

watch House.
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

- Heroes. Damn Good show.
                    - BSG. Best damn show ever!
                    - ER... NEEDS TO DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!
                    - House, Law & Order, CSI if it's on and nothing else is...and I don't have something else to do.
                    - Mystery! on PBS, which is a bunch of British murder mysteries like Foyle's War, Miss Marple, Jericho and various others that are usually pretty entertaining.

If I had a DVR and the SciFi channel I'm sure I would have a few more. But alas, I am stuck in the television dark ages. No DVR, no premium channels, no HD.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Our relatively short list consists of:
                      • Battlestar Galactica
                      • House (Missed most of season 2 sadly)
                      • Lost (The more it "jumps the shark" the more you find it truly hasn't)
                      • Grey's Anatomy
                      • Smallville
                      • Dirty Jobs
                      • Law & Order: SVU
                      • Desperate Housewives (The wife's pick, but I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy it)
                      • The Dead Zone
                      • The 4400
                      • Alias (Reruns, didn't watch it while it was originally on)
                      • Backyardigans (for the youngest)

So maybe not such a short list, but they all get recorded to the DVR and watched whenever we have time. I also try to catch The Mythbusters when it's on and the kids really like How It's Made.

Sometimes we'll watch some other shows like the original Law & Order, but even I've lost interest in a lot of shows that used to be favorites. I quit watching ER years ago and the Stargates just weren't worth watching anymore save for the occasional special episode. Even out of the one's we record, there's only a few that I'd absolutely watch if we didn't have a DVR.
                      Last edited by Jessterw; 3 July 2007, 10:32.

Comment

Your short list?
                        here's mine:

Yep, that's it.
                        I basically only watch TV for the odd movie (maybe twice a week)
                        Eveything else is hit and miss. If I happen to sit down, I will scroll through the guide and find the most interesting thing on at the time.
                        My usually picks are documentaries on A&E, the National Gegraphic channels, Discovery channel, etc.
                        If there's really nothing on that appeals to me then I might check out what's on NASA.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Alias was our favorite show for its entire run. We missed part of Season 2 because we were moving, and it screwed us all up. Victor Garber... Jack was my favorite, of course.

-----------

House? Feh. There's only so much "I'm cranky, and ... no that's not it. Maybe... no, that's not it. Oh, HERE'S what it is! Did I mention that I am an ****ole?" that I can handle before I reach into the screen and strangle Hugh Laurie.

CSI... I dunno. It's like "Crossing Jordan". If you're going to do a "true crime scene" show, why not be honest? It'd be 5 minutes long. CSI units don't do any of that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                            CSI... I dunno. It's like "Crossing Jordan". If you're going to do a "true crime scene" show, why not be honest? It'd be 5 minutes long. CSI units don't do any of that shit.
                            That's what has turned me off from any of those types of shows.
                            It's just not real.
                            Just like the models that pretend to be real people.
                            That's why I find alot of british shows much more believable - the actors actually look like common folk, and there's alot less of that hocus pocus and pocket spectrum analysers.
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I used to enjoy CSI... for like the first season. I'm not so much turned off by the reality of it, but rather that type of show. Unless the plot and characters of a show are ever-evolving I lose interest quickly. In some ways, I want an ending of sorts to be in-sight, even if it's only the season finale.

Then again, it's easy to just sit down and catch an episode of shows like CSI without being too lost if you haven't see a season or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X